Chapter 9

When we got to the farm we saw Rick and Lori crying. Rick was covered in blood, Carl's blood I thought to myself. I hope he's ok I don't know what I would do with out him. We got there and an old man came out wiping the blood off of his arms. I rushed over to here that he was stable. What a relief he was going to be ok. I walked up to Rick and asked him if he was ok. "Yeah (Y/N) I'm ok thank you for asking." He was trying to stay strong in front of me but I saw him slowly breaking. He sobbed loudly and I hugged him as he cried into my shoulder. Lori came and took him from me. The man came back out and said we could see him if we wanted. Rick took me to see him.

I got in the house to see a very pale looking Carl. Like all the life was drained from him. I had a tear in my eye as I looked at him longer. He couldn't really be dead, could he? No, he's Carl Grimes he can't die. Rick had told the man that looked like santa that we didn't have a place to stay. So he said, "You all can stay here but no carrying guns on my property, understood?" "Ofcourse your land your rules." Rick said. Finally a place to call home again.

It was an entire day until Carl woke up and when he did I was visiting hi  and he was talking about a deer. "What deer?" "The one in the woods?" I had no idea what he was talking about. Then I realized he was shot, i  the woods, by a hunter. He saw the deer before he was shot and the bullet went through the deer. It all made sense now. The deer was the last thing he remembers. I asked "Was the deer beautiful?" "Oh you don't even now. It was a buck the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I was walking towards it and" He paused "Then what?" "I don't remember." "Oh."

~
Ok sorry for the short chapter. But I've been really busy with school and Christmas lately. On the other hand it's 3 days til Christmas. Happy holidays.

~G