Chapter 32

Quick A/N someone just told me that I have two barn scenes, and I apologise for any confusion. I really forgot about writing the first one. I really like the second one more, but I don't feel like changing the chapters to say something else now. Sorry again for any confusion.

~(Y/N) P.O.V.~

I woke up to the sounds of birds. I looked over and see Carl is mere inches from me.

I feel my face go red as I stumble to get up. Alex had already woken up and went to find Carrie.

I quickly get over myself and make sure I don't look like a tomato before I walk over to dad.

I sat down next to him and ate the cereal that Lori gave me.

"What were you two talking about last night?" He whispered.

"Nothing much." I said stuffing my face with Cheerios.

"Sure." He smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked finishing the bowl.

"Nothing, you two just seemed really comfy over there." He smiled again.

"Shut up." I said tossing the bowl in the pile of dirty dishes that needed washed.

I walked over to the gate where there were already walkers piling up. I took my knife and started to stab each one of them.

What did dad mean by that? Is he saying he would be okay with us if we were a thing?

I zone out for a bit getting lost in my thoughts about the encounter.

"Hey." I jump back, being broken out of my thoughts.

"You okay?" Carl asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah, just thinking." I reply remembering the farm.

"About what?" He asked.

"Life..." I started but he finished it "...and the inevitability of death." He smiled.

"You remember that?" I asked thinking I was the only one that would remember something so stupid.

"Yeah. I like thinking about the farm." He smiled, shuffling his feet.

I smiled. "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine." He said. He seemed to be thinking.

"You can tell me if your not, you know that right?"

"Yeah I know. It's just a lot to process."

"What do you mean?" I asked thinking he was talking about the whole 'hey I'm not dead' thing. 

"Just how much we've changed."

"We have changed a lot, haven't we?" I laugh realizing that we used to be normal kids that went to school and didn't have to kill on a normal basis.

"Yeah can you believe we used to go to school and have normal lives?" He asked.

"It feels like so long ago, even though it's only been a few years."

"It does." he laughed.

I missed that laugh.

"Carl, can you watch Judith?!" Lori yelled from across the yard.

"Sure."

"(Y/N), can you help me clear out the rest of the cell blocks?" Rick asked waking by.

"Yeah of course."

"I guess I'll see you later?" Carl asked.

"Of course, I missed talk to you." I stated taking myself off guard.