• prologue •

The lights were so, so bright, and they shone directly into Nari's exhausted eyes. She subconsciously groaned and glued them shut again, this time for no longer than a few moments, rather than a few months as they had been previously.

"Soonyoung, stop the car!"

Everything surrounding her was white; the walls, the tiled flooring beneath her bed which was, too, dressed in a thin white sheet, and even the flimsy gown she found herself attired in.

Her eyes diverted from the ceiling to the side of her bed, where a sleeping, unfamiliar brunette sat upright on a chair. She felt a slight weight resting on her hand, and it was only then she realised it belonged to the stranger.

"I love you, Nari."

Confusion swarmed her brain, the brain that had been unknowingly damaged, as she asked herself frantically why she was lying in a hospital bed.

"Nari, you're awake!"

She looked up, eyes wide and ears perked. At the door stood a raven haired, gaping boy, who instantaneously rushed to her bedside.

"You're awake, you're awake!"

His exclamations disturbed the other stranger's slumber, unsurprisingly, and the sleeping boy stirred before slowly waking.

Nari's confusion tripled when both boys were suddenly at her side, simultaneously asking questions and expressing their newfound happiness. She didn't know who either of them were and it dawned on her that they knew her.

"Nari," the brunette said in a questioning tone, eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"I'm sorry," her voice sounded incredibly hoarse. Silence followed. "...I don't know who you are."

"I'm sorry, Nari. This was never supposed to happen to you."