• twenty one •

For the next few days, things are a little awkward between Hansol, Soonyoung and I, to say the least. I kissed my supposed best friend, how could anything possibly be normal?

I'm still so conflicted about the accident and what caused it. Soonyoung shouldn't have been driving in that state and I definitely shouldn't have shouted at him to stop the car. I'm not sure how long I can keep up my clueless facade to him, either.

So maybe it's time to tell him.

"Soonyoung, can I talk you about something?" I ask hesitantly with a smile, taking a seat beside him on the couch.

He nods yes and pauses his video game, turning to face me expectantly. Is it really the right time? Maybe I need more time to think. He'll find out sometime soon anyway, though.

"Nari," he interrupts my frantic thoughts. I look at him with slightly widened eyes. I don't know if this is the right thing to do. "You okay?"

"I remember."

There. He knows.

"Remember what?"

OK, maybe he doesn't know just yet.

"Everything. My memories came back." I announce nervously.

I watch as the confused frown on his face contorts into an overjoyed smile. Wait, why is he happy? I remember everything, not just the good things.

"You remember me?" He asks, eyes bright. "Finally!"

With that, he leans forward and takes me by surprise by pressing his lips against mine. The familiar gesture feels unusually uncomfortable and wrong. I sit still like a statue for a few seconds, my mind unable to process the situation.

"You have no idea how frustrating this has been for me," he murmurs, his lips against my cheek. "I've missed you so much."

I finally gather the strength to push him away slightly. He looks at me with a frown, his eyes only inches away from my own.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you happy? We can be together again."

No, no, no. I was so certain he didn't love me anymore. This can't happen.

"We're in love, Nari. You remember now."

"I remember the night of the accident, Soonyoung. How can you be so happy about this?"

His smile instantly disappears.

"Don't tell me you blame me for what happened."

"To be honest, I don't know what to think." I say quietly and he stares at me hard.

He stands up, suddenly angry. I shrink back into the couch as I feel his glare burn into me harshly.

"You told me to stop the car, I did. I didn't know the truck was going to drive into us. I told the police all of this, I don't need to be going over it again. It was hard enough for me at the time."

"Don't you think this is hard for me, too?" I reply, getting gradually angrier. This is the kind of memory of Soonyoung that stands out the most to me now.

"The accident didn't change you at all." He mutters just loud enough for me to hear.

"What are you even talking about?" I sigh.

Before he can respond, I hear a knock at the door. I look towards it and watch as Hansol cluelessly steps inside, totally unaware of the situation. Oh boy.