• twenty eight •

Ahn Jimin was the type of girl to lean over your boyfriend's desk and shamelessly flirt, even if you were sitting right beside him. She joined my school a year after I did and instantly set out to cause trouble.

She was -- and perhaps still is -- the stereotypical flirt with an outrageous intention to steal your boyfriend.

Less than a few days before the accident, she approached me at a bar in town. I was there with Jiyo but she'd began flirting with the pretty, blonde bartender.

"Your boyfriend cheated on you last night, with me."

I wasn't sure whether to believe her or not. My mind instantly told me no, that she was lying, but somewhere in my heart began to ache as though she was telling the truth. This girl has a reputation; nothing would surprise me.

Soonyoung had began to distance himself from me before the accident. Instead of cuddling me at night, he'd simply turn over and face the wall instead. He began to spend less and less time with me which only caused me to assume to worst.

"But, Seokmin -- she, she tried to ruin Soonyoung and I's relationship." I finally speak.

I should be happy for him, I know. And maybe she's changed, though I doubt that, and I should give her a chance.

"What?" He asks cluelessly, that same wide grin on his face.

"The day before the accident," I begin. "She approached me in a bar. She told me that Soonyoung cheated on me the night before, with her. I didn't believe her, though. I mean, it'd been over a year since we left school."

"She isn't like that," Seokmin instantly denies, his head shaking from side to side. "She's the kindest person I've ever met. At school, I know she was a bit of a troublemaker, but she's changed! I promise."

Seokmin is so sweet and naive that I don't know whether to trust him. It was only months ago that Jimin was trying to ruin my relationship.

"OK, I trust you. But before things get official I need to meet her, alright? She definitely needs the Nari approval. Agreed?"

And with a bright smile, Seokmin nods his head. "Agreed."

I catch the bus home and when I arrive, Soonyoung is already there. He's making dinner in the kitchen as a delicious smell floods the apartment.

"I'm home!" I call when I realise he hasn't heard me yet.

I hang my bag onto the rack beside the door and take off my shoes. That's when I notice Hansol's trainers sitting on the ground beside Soonyoung's.

"We're in here, Nari!" I hear Soonyoung call and I follow the sound of his voice.

In the kitchen, Hansol and Soonyoung are cooking together. They're both laughing and, even though the place is a mess, I don't feel angry. I'm just glad to see them both happy.

"Want to join, Nari? We're trying to make a cake." Hansol asks, pointing towards the oven where I see a misshaped cake in the oven.

"I'll pass," I laugh. "You two have fun."

"You're no fun," Soonyoung says jokingly. "You're missing out, Nari."

"Whatever." I smile and head into the living area.

They're finally bonding, I'm not going to interrupt that.