• thirteen •

"I don't want to scare you, Nari, but we're out of gas." Hansol admits with an uneasy, evidently forced smile.

"We can call for help, can't we?" I ask in optimism.

"I doubt any services run this late. Plus we're literally in the middle of nowhere, we couldn't give them any directions."

I groan when I realise he's right. We're stranded here. It's freezing and the rain is pouring heavily outside. Not the greatest situation to be in.

"What are we going to do?" I ask Hansol.

"I don't think we have much of a choice but to stay here until the morning."

"Great," I mumble, resting my elbow against the window. "They'll probably think we've died or something."

"I'll text Soonyoung, don't worry. I'll tell him the car broke down and we're staying in a B&B or something. Just so he doesn't stress."

"Okay." I sigh, again, feeling as though I'm keeping some kind of secret with Hansol.

"Please don't tell Soonyoung."

"I wont." I lie. I have to tell him, he's my boyfriend.

"Or Hansol." He insists.

"I promise."

Without the engine turned on, the heating system is useless and the air grows colder by the second. It's winter - the temperature is already low - but during the night it's much worse. I shiver and Hansol seems to notice; he begins to take off his jacket but I shake my head and stop him, placing a hand on his arm.

"Don't. I'm okay."

He places a hand onto one of mine, gasping at the contact.

"You're freezing!"

"I'm fine." I insist with a smile that is forced.

The minutes pass, then hours, until I'm forcing my eyes to remain open. Hansol isn't asleep yet, either, we're just sitting in a silence that surprisingly isn't uncomfortable. He shuffles in his seat before turning to me.

"Should we sleep in the back?"

"I don't think there'll be enough room for the two of us back there."

"We'll make it work." He insists and I can't help but comply. It's so uncomfortable sitting in the passenger seat.

He crawls into the backseat first, me following closely behind. Awkwardly, he lies horizontally and I realise there is no room for me. I open my mouth to protest, but Hansol cuts me off by gently pulling me forward with his hands on my waist. I land on his chest with burning hot cheeks, my heart rate quickly picking up.

I'm literally lying on top of him. My face is pressed against the fabric of his shirt and my legs are half entangled in his own, half hovering to avoid contact. This is so awkward.

"Are you comfortable?" He asks, pulling me impossible closer. I'm certain he can hear my heartbeat it's so loud.

"Yeah," I whisper. It's so narrow back here that I begin to slip, but luckily I manage to grip Hansol's shirt just in time. I subconsciously squeal as his arm pulls me back onto him, a grin on his tires features. "Thanks."

It's so cold and I can't stop shivering. Hansol, again, notices, and wraps half of his coat around me, rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"Goodnight, Nari." Hansol whispers, kissing the top of my head. I freeze up, this time not because of cold air.

With burning cheeks and an uncertainty as to whether he's still awake, I whisper back: "goodnight, Hansol".