• twenty seven •

Today I'm going to visit Seokmin for the first time since my memories returned. I feel bad for ignoring his messages for the past few weeks, I just didn't know how to respond to him after remembering what happened between him and I. 

I wait until Soonyoung leaves for work again before leaving the apartment. I still can't drive so I catch a bus up to Seokmin's house. When it arrives, the nerves begin to set in. 

"Hey, Nari. What are you doing here?" Seokmin says, welcoming me into his apartment. 

Seokmin lives in a small studio apartment, similar to Soonyoung and I's. It's a lot more tidier and neat than our, though. 

"Hey," I smile and take off my shoes at the entrance. "I just need to talk to you about something."

"OK, sure. What is it?" 

I sit on the singular chair and watch as he takes a seat on the sofa opposite. His smile is so bright that it almost hurts to know I'm going to make it disappear with my revelation. 

"There's no easy way to say this, but, I remember everything. That's why I haven't been responding to your messages and I'm sorry, but I just needed time to think things through." 

His smile fades, like I thought it would, and the guilt replaces the nervousness bubbling inside me. I sigh and almost reach out to comfort him, but stop when I realise I need to give him time to think. 

"I'm sorry," he mumbles, clearing his throat. "If it weren't for me, you'd have never been in that car that night." 

"No, no, no -- Seokmin, please don't blame yourself. None of this is your fault, I promise I don't blame you for anything. If anything it's my own fault for not being able to keep a damn secret."

I try to laugh to lighten the mood but it doesn't work. He looks at me sadly and I hate myself even more all of a sudden. 

"Can we please agree to re-forget what happened between us?" He asks hesitantly. "I messed up our friendship and, trust me, Nari, I value you so much as a friend. I don't want to lose you again." 

"I'd love that," I say honestly, smiling. "But, you don't still feel that way, do you?"

He shakes his head and laughs. "No offence, Nari. I met a girl whilst you were in hospital, she's amazing. I haven't told anybody else, though."

Relief suddenly swarms me as a wide smile overcomes my features. 

"Wow, that's great! What's her name?" 

"Ahn Jimin. Do you remember her? We used to go to school together." 

an; dun dun dun 

question: what is your favourite seventeen song, like ever? 

mine is either fronting or lean on me