• three •

"Our taxi is in the car park," Soonyoung announces. "You ready?"

"Aren't you driving?" I ask, immediately regretting it when I notice he looks away uncomfortably.

"I haven't driven in four months." He admits and smiles thinly.

"Oh," I gape slightly with widened eyes. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up."

"It's okay, Nari. Now hurry up or else we'll be walking home."

"Okay." I laugh, following him out of the hospital I was officially discharged from a few hours ago.

"Truth or dare, Soonyoung." Seokmin practically shouts.

"Dare." He replies confidently. I assume it's the alcohol in his system talking; he's usually a firm truth-chooser.

"I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in this room."

"Lee Nari," Soonyoung says, climbing to his feet. My heart beats hard inside my chest as he nears me and crouches down so that our eyesight is level. "I hope you don't mind but I'm going to kiss you now."

"Go ahead." I say breathlessly before our lips meet.

The taxi stops in a car park outside a tall apartment complex. This is where I live?

"We live on the top floor, by the way," Soonyoung says and my jaw plummets. "And the elevator is broken."

"Seriously?" I groan.

"I'm just messing with you. We live on the second floor and the elevator is perfectly fine."

"Don't do that to me, I almost died." I laugh in relief, but it fades when I realise what I said.

Soonyoung doesn't seem phased, thankfully, as we continue our short journey up the steep stairs. Silence overcomes us and I can't help but feel uncomfortable yet again. He leads me to the end of the corridor where room no. 34 is located and fumbles for his keys. 

"Everything is still the same since the accident." He says whilst holding the door open for me. 

"It's nice." I tell him honestly, observing the small studio apartment.

 There's ornaments decorating each surface and on the walls there's an array of polaroids hanging from frayed pieces of string. I'm honestly tired of seeing photographs of Soonyoung and I no matter how cute they may be. 

"This is, um, the bedroom." he says, opening the door and showing me inside.

There's a small double bed pressed tightly into the corner, a colourful and presumably handmade duvet laying on the mattress. There's a wooden desk beside the door and a wardrobe that seems far too small for the both of us.

"You can sleep in here, I'll sleep on the sofa." Soonyoung offers generously. 

"Are you sure?" I ask and he nods assuringly. 

"Are you sure we should be doing this, Soonyoung?" I ask worriedly as he leads me into an abandoned warehouse Seokmin told him about. 

"Yeah, of course!" He says and I know he's grinning despite the fact I can't see his face. "It'll be fun, just lighten up."

"We're gonna get killed, babe," I tell him dramatically and he laughs. "Don't laugh too loud! You'll attract the ghosts!"

"Oh Nari, you're so cute." he says, pinching my nose.

"If we die," I begin, half pessimistic, half joking. "Know that I love you lots." 

He giggles and kisses my lips quickly. "I love you lots, too."