• four •

Hansol called earlier and asked if I wanted to go to a local diner with him. It must have been built relatively recently as I can't recall ever going despite Soonyoung insisting we used to go 'all the time'. 

"This used to be our table, you know." Hansol informs me, leaning over the booth on his elbows. 

"What?" 

"Look here," he says, pointing towards a tiny marking in the corner that reads 'H&N'S TABLE'. Hansol and Nari. "Not even Soonyoung knows about it." 

"Isn't that, like, illegal?" I ask with a giggle, wondering why I ever thought vandalising was a good idea. 

"Probably."

"Great. So, before my memory swiped I was a reckless criminal." I joke and he laughs. 

There's something between Hansol and I; an evident chemistry. Despite not knowing who he is, or practically anything about him, there's a connection that I admittedly didn't find happening between Soonyoung and I. Maybe time will rebuild that connection I obviously once had between my boyfriend. 

"You're the kindest person I've ever met, Nari," Hansol admits as he makes a nervous speech at my eighteenth birthday party. "You deserve all of the happiness in the world."

"You can ask me some questions, if you want." Hansol offers in between eating his french fries.

"How old are you?" I ask instantly. I've been wondering this since I woke up, for some reason.

"Nineteen." 

I'm eighteen, apparently. My memory is hazed but when I woke, I wholeheartedly was stuck in the thought I was fifteen. 

"How old were we when we met? How did we meet?" 

"You moved to Seoul two months after your fifteenth birthday. I was sixteen. We met at school, we were seat-mates in practically every class."

"Class, I'd like you all to welcome our new student, Lee Nari," the kind teacher introuduces me to the class. I'm so nervous. "You can take a seat beside Hansol at the back. Raise your hand please, Hansol so Nari can where you are." 

I look towards the back of the room where a dark haired boy sits, his table pressed against the blue-painted wall. He smiles welcomingly, leans to my new desk and quietly pulls back my chair for me. 

"Thanks." I say awkwardly and sit down beside him, my cheeks heated ever so slightly.

"When did I start dating Soonyoung?" Is my next question.

"Five months after you moved here. You guys were honestly inseparable, I'm not kidding."

"I've heard. My mom has shown me at least a thousand photographs of us together."

"That doesn't surprise me; Mrs Lee used to do the same to me with your baby pictures." 

"Oh god, seriously?" I groan, covering my face with the palm of my hand. "So embarrassing."

"Hansol, look at this one! Look how cute my baby was." My mom coos and I sink further into my seat. 

"Mom, stop."

"No, Mrs Lee, don't stop. This is funny." Hansol laughs and I glare at him.

"--Oh, this a good one! Nari's first bath." 

"Are you and Soonyoung friends?" Is my next question. I've been thinking this for days now. I just assumed that they were but when I actually consider it, they might not even like each other. 

"Yeah, we are. I actually introduced you to him."

"Soonyoung, stop driving so fast!"

an; I hope you enjoyed this chapter! please vote <3

what is your guys favourite song from seventeen's new album? 

personally mine is 'lean on me' by the hip hop unit (meanie for life)