• five •

Living with a stranger is unusual, to say the least. It's taken a little getting used to but I'm finally settling in with Soonyoung, I think.

"Breakfast?" He offers, peering around the corner of the door to my -- our -- room.

"Please. I'll have--"

"Two poached eggs and bacon, yeah?" He interrupts with a cheeky grin.

I always forget these people know me better than I know myself, it seems.

"That's right."

"Soonyoung, you freaking burnt the eggs! How one earth is it possible to burn eggs?"

"I'm sorry, babe."

"I'm gonna be hungry now." I whine jokingly with a pout.

"It's okay, I have a back-up plan," He says, pulling a packet of strawberry pop tarts from the cupboard. "Ta-da!"

"You're such a dork."

My phone beeps and a message from Hansol flashes onto the screen. It reads: 'morning, how are you? remember me yet?' and I laugh. I love how he somehow manages to make this totally-unfunny situation amusing.

"What's so funny?" Soonyoung calls from the kitchen. I can practically see the grin on his face through the thin walls of our apartment.

"It's nothing!" I shout back just as loud, pushing my phone into my back pocket.

"Please just--"

"'Please just' what exactly, Soonyoung? I'm sick of this."

"Breakfast is served," He says in a singing voice, placing the blue plate onto the table in front of me, taking a seat opposite. "So, I was thinking, maybe we should visit some of our friends. They all miss you like crazy."

Not more strangers, I silently think, but nod in agreement nevertheless. I know if they're anything like Soonyoung and Hansol then they were close to me, and it's unfair on them if I refuse contact. It may be difficult but sometimes I've got to put others before myself.

"You're so damn selfish, Nari!"

"I'm selfish? That's funny. You're the one who--"

After breakfast, I change into a new set of clothes and Soonyoung and I walk to somebody named Seokmin's home. Apparently he was one of my closest friends before the accident.

"We're here," Soonyoung announces once we reach a tall block of apartments, similar to our own only a few minutes away. He doesn't bother knocking on the door, or ringing the small bell on the wall beside it, and just walks straight inside without any warning. "Seokmin, we're here!"

A relatively tall, brown haired boy with a bright, wide smile turns the corner and greets us. His eyes are nothing but kind which relaxes me slightly; at least I instantly know he isn't intimidating or anything of that sort.

"Nari, it's so nice to see you again! I heard you can't remember much but that's okay."

"It's nice to meet you, I guess," I say with a somewhat awkward chuckle. "I'm sorry I can't remember you. It isn't my fault but I feel terrible."

"Well, you're still the same, selfless Nari I knew," He says cheerfully. "It's okay that you don't remember us. Friendship is in the heart, not the brain."

an; thanks for reading! please vote <3

by the way, the little memories aren't flashbacks that nari is getting, they're just memories of them that she's forgotten if that makes sense. anyway, the flashbacks are showing soonyoung and nari's relationship wasn't quite so perfect, aren't they ;)

~

do you guys stan any girl groups?

personally i love red velvet, twice, mamamoo (hwasa slay me), blackpink, exid and i'm getting into loads more atm