• epilogue •

i'm so sorry in the an of the last chapter i wrote sequel instead of epilogue, sorry :(((((  but here we gooo

"Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude for every guest here today," I begin, a nervous yet wide smile on my face. "We've waited for this day for so long now - I can't believe it's finally here."

I gaze upon my audience, all attired in fitted suits and stunning dresses. The flowers cascading down the walls momentarily catch my attention and I smile; everything is so beautiful and I couldn't be happier. 

"Of course, I'd like to thank my amazing now-husband, not just for putting up with me," I joke and, luckily, hear a few chuckles emerge from the small crowd. "--But also for just everything. I don't know where I'd be without him." 

Hansol stares up and me with familiar glittering eyes, sparkling underneath the surrounding candles' flames. We decided on a church wedding after months of constant consideration, much to the delight of Hansol's religious parents. I found this particular church stunning; it's rustic yet elegant aura seemed just so, so perfect and fitting. 

"I'd also like to mention my best friend," I announce and glance towards the smiling boy who sits beside my husband, proudly on the chair that belongs to the best man. "You've always been here for me and for that I'll be eternally grateful. Thank you, Soonyoung." 

Before he has the opportunity to respond, a familiar voice shouts from the top of her lungs: "mommy, I'm hungry! ". Everybody erupts into laughter, whilst my face burns in embarrassment, as Somin toddles towards me. 

"Not the time, sweetheart," I say quietly into her ear, a small smile on my face. "Go sit with daddy." 

She nods in understanding, her large, round eyes causing my heart to flutter. Her thin braid sways as she hurries towards Hansol, her little feet carrying her as quick as possible. However she almost trips, that's when I notice the buckle on her left shoe is loose, but her trusty dad is quick to catch her. 

"Good save!" Seokmin calls, causing me to giggle. 

After a few moments I continue my little speech, all eyes diverting back to me. I think I manage to mention everyone I intended to -- I hope so, anyway. 

"Hey, ladies. You two enjoying yourselves?" I say to Jiyo and Mina as I approach their table. Their hands are linked and there's two pretty silver bands on both their left hands on a particular finger. 

Three years ago, Hansol and I and a handful of others flew to Hawaii for the weekend. There, Jiyo and Mina surprised us by announcing their engagement and married literally the following day. They had planned it all in advance and we were all clueless. They had a beautiful beach wedding which I adored, just during the gorgeous sunset that appeared behind them. Their wedding photos are honestly stunning. 

"It's been such an amazing day!" Mina grins. "Hasn't it, babe?" 

"It honestly has. You two are so perfect together. Congratulations again!" Jiyo smiles, her usual kindness radiating. 

"Nari, there you are! I've been looking for you for, like, two minutes," Junhui says, jogging towards me. "How are you? Are you finally calm yet?" 

"Almost." I smile. 

Honestly, I've been extremely nervous all day. The thought of walking down a seemingly never-ending aisle has haunted me for weeks now but I've finally managed to do it. Junhui comforted me this morning with his usual words of wisdom: "all you've gotta do is walk, Nari. It's not that hard, you've been doing that for 25 years now!" and I reminded him: "I couldn't walk when I was a baby, Junhui" and we laughed together.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Seokmin dragging Jimin up to the dance floor and I smile to myself. The two have been dating for a few years now, and even though 18 year old me would disagree, she's actually one of the sweetest people I've ever met. They're an unusual but adorable couple. 

"Today has been really grea-- oh my god, the buffet is open." And, with that, Junhui disappears. 

I find Soonyoung sitting beside Sena on a table near the front of the room. Smiling, I politely take the empty seat opposite the two. Sena is Soonyoung's fiancé of two years, a very sweet girl with a sense of humour practically identical to the latter's. 

"This steak is amazing, Nari. Give me the chef's number, please," Sena jokes after she swiftly swallows her food upon my arrival. "How are you feeling, Mrs Chwe?" 

My heart skips a beat at her words. 

"I'm feeling great, just relieved the dreaded aisle-walk is over," I reply honestly. "And yourselves?" 

"Pretty good. Especially after that steak -- damn --" 

"Honey, stop talking about the food. Nari has just got married." 

Sena looks at Soonyoung with a childish pout on her face causing us all to laugh. She's really funny and kind that I often look at her as the younger sister I never had. 

"Sorry. Anyway, I just want to say congratulations again. You and Hansol are just so perfect together, I'm jealous." 

"Hey!" Soonyoung complains, jokingly hitting her arm softly. "What about me?" 

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone." I smile, standing. I wave a temporary goodbye before heading towards Hansol who's sat at another table with Somin, adorably helping her eat her dinner. 

"Hello, husband." I giggle, sitting beside him. He gently places a kiss onto my forehead and smiles widely. 

"Hello, wife." 

an; idrk what that ending was but ehh i'll go with it

thank you all again sm for reading this book, i hope you loved it!!

and wrong boy has just entered the rankings for fanfiction!! like omg!! what!!!!!! 

i love you all seriously thank you for supporting this book

goodbye again for now,

anna x