• nine •

christmas special chapter! feel free to skip x

"Merry Christmas, Nari!" Soonyoung's voice disturbs me from my sleep. "Get up, it's Christmas!"

I groan slightly as my eyes ungraciously flutter open. He's kneeling beside my bed, a Santa hat sitting loosely on his head, a childlike grin on his face. I smile at the sight.

"I can't wait to give you your present." He tells me as I tiredly follow him into the living area.

Underneath the Christmas tree sits an array of presents, most of which are messily wrapped with golden bows stuck on top.

It's been two months since I woke, half a year since the accident itself. Soonyoung and I have bonded more and more each day, it just took time like I thought it would.

"Merry Christmas!" He exclaims again, handing over one of the many presents.

"Thank you." I say as I tear open the paper, my eyes landing on a little black box.

Inside sits a pretty, silver bracelet dressed in a couple of glittering charms. It's stunning and I instantly feel guilty; he must have spent a fortune on this.

"It's gorgeous," I say with a wide smile, not quite as wide as Soonyoung's, as I hug him. "Thank you."

The navy sweatshirt and pair of new trainers I bought Soonyoung seem much less impressive after receiving my gift from him. He seems to love them, though.

An hour or so later, Hansol shows up to our apartment, a matching Santa hat on his head.

"Merry Christmas, Nari." He smiles wide, handing me a gift bag which I thank him for.

I open it and find a somewhat familiar, lilac cap inside. It takes a few moments for me to remember where I recognise it from - then it clicks - I was wearing an exact replica in one of the many photographs of Hansol and I.

"I'm not sure if you know, but you and I always used to wear this cap. I have the same, by the way, obviously. Yours was ruined in the accident so I thought--"

"It's perfect," I cut off his ramble with a quiet chuckle. "Thanks so much."

Again, my present to Hansol feels so insignificant compared to his gift to me. I decided to buy him a beanie - he wears a lot of them, I know from all of the photographs I've seen - and a box set of his favourite show. He seems to like them as he thanks me over and over again.

Later on I'm going to visit home to see my mom. She's spending the day with her boyfriend and my grandparents until then.

Hansol, Soonyoung and I eat a Christmas meal at a nearby restaurant with a few of our friends -- Seokmin is there, of course. Despite not fully knowing these people, I'm beginning to feel at home with them.

Even amnesia can't take the magic away from Christmas, it seems.

an; have an amazing Christmas everyone!! cute lil chapter just bc I love Christmas so much