5 Months

Rory stared at herself in the mirror. "Wow, I'm fat." She said out loud.

"No you're not." Jess came around the corner and put his hands around his beautiful girlfriend. "It's the baby, not you."

"Thanks for making me feel better, Gregory House." Rory rolled her eyes.

"You're just in a mood." Jess smirked and patted her back.

"I'm not in a mood." Rory imitated his tone. "I'm just tired, this baby is a lot of work."

"I'm sure."

"No you're not. You've never been pregnant, how would you know?" Rory was being rhetorical.

Jess began to answer, but Rory cut him off. "I'm gonna be late for my appointment."

"Jeez." Jess whispered. Rory has been on the edge a lot lately, and very sensitive.

*****

"Hey, Luke." Jess sat at the counter of the diner.

"How are ya, Jess?" Luke placed a donut and cup of coffee in front of him. "Didn't Rory have a doctor appointment today?"

"Yeah." Jess took a bite into his donut.

"And why aren't you there with her?"

"First, there's no way Jane Eyre was going to let me go. Second, she's been pissed at me all week."

"I'm sure there's a good reason." Luke laughed. "Just be patient with her."

"I am." At that moment, Jess's phone rang. "Hello?"

"Jess!" Rory was beaming through the phone. "Come here!" Her voice was full of glee.

"Is everything alright?"

"Everything is wonderful, come on!"

"Okay, give me 10 minutes." Jess hung up the phone.

"What's happening?" Luke asked.

"I don't know, Rory just told me to come as soon as I could."

"Is everything alright?"

"She said it was. I'll get back to you in a bit."

*****

Jess arrived at the doctors' to see a gleaming Rory.

"Guess what?" She said, happy tears streaming down her face.

"What, honey?" Jess couldn't help but smile when she was happy.

"I'm having a girl! We're having a baby girl! A sweet little girl, I can dress her up and put her in ballet. Jess, can you believe it?" Rory was sobbing tears of joy.

Jess felt himself tearing up. "That's so wonderful. I love you." He grabbed her in a hug, careful of the baby.

"I love you too. I gotta go see mom." Rory kissed Jess and then grabbed the phone.

They drove over to the Inn, where Rory hurried up to the counter to see her mom. "Mom!" She practically squealed. "I'm having a girl!"

Lorelai rushed around and took her daughter in a warm hug. "Oh, honey that's fantastic. I can't wait in till she enters the world."

"Another Gilmore Girl." Rory grinned.

Lorelai gave her one final hug as they left to Luke's. They parked in the lot and Rory grabbed Jess's hand. "Why don't you tell Luke this time?" She spoke softy with compassion, the way she could make anyone feel special.

"Are you sure?" Jess really wanted to be the one to tell his uncle, the man who was we basically a dad to him.

"Yes, I'm sure." Rory nodded in reassurance.

"Thank you." Jess and Rory both got out of the car and headed into the diner.

"Uncle Luke." Jess called out.

Luke adjusted the cap on his head. "Yeah?"

"Rory's having a girl. She just found out." He tried his best to keep his composure.

"That's wonderful! Congratulations, Rory." Luke moved from behind the counter to wrap Rory in a tight embrace. "That little girl is gonna get spoiled by me, just you wait."

"I'm sure she is!" Rory felt nostalgia at the idea of her daughter being raised by all of them. "She's going to have the best grandpa."

*****

This is all for this chapter. Thank you for reading. I have SO much in store for this story. I'm updating soon because Christmas break. Sorry I couldn't do it sooner, my grandma died and I'm up in Ohio for a couple of weeks and service is so iffy. But more WILL come I PROMISE!