Baby Shower

"Come on, everybody. We need to get these decorations up faster, Rory will be home in a couple of hours!" Lorelai was frantically running around the house, getting everything prepared for Rory's baby shower.

"Okay Monica Geller, we're doing it as fast as we can." Luke grunted.

Lorelai just rolled her eyes.

Luke and Lorelai were throwing Rory a baby shower sort of last minute because they just found out the previous week that Rory and Jess were going to find out the gender today. She would come home with a cake containing blue or pink inside.

*****

Jess held Rory's hand as the nurse applied the gel over Rory's now larger stomach. Rory shivered at the touch, it always was so cold. The nurse pulled up the sonogram so the couple could see their baby.

"You want to know the gender right?"

"Yes." Both Rory and Jess answered together.

"Okay. Well, your babies are both happy healthy..." The nurse told them.

Rory and Jess's eyes grey large. "Did she say?"

"Did she just.."

Rory grabbed Jess's hand. "Babies?"

The nurse smiled. "Yes. You're having twins. Congratulations!"

*****

"In coming cake! Very big, almost toppling...need help!" Sookie was staggering about the living room, trying to get the cake to the kitchen.

"Sookie!" Lorelai came to her rescue just on time as Sookie almost fell.

"All good, I am all good!" Her normally chirpy self exclaimed.

"I thought we told you that Rory and Jess were getting the cake. That's how we're going to find out the gender."

Sookie looked tempered. "So you're saying I stayed up all night making this for nothing?"

Lorelai nodded. "I'm sorry, I thought for sure I told you."

"Well you didn't!" Sookie near yelled.

"Hey, I said I was sorry." Lorelai defended.

Sookie sighed. "I'm sorry, honey. Davey and Martha are heading into new schools next year. Their worrying is making me crazy!"

"They've grown up so much. I remember when they were so little and I could hold them in my arms." Lorelai reminisced.

"Well know they turned into little grown ups. You know Martha is reading Faulkner books? She's only eleven! I don't know where she got that from."

"Aw, Sookie. That's good, though. I don't know where Rory got it either. I hardly read before I had her."

Right at that moment, the doorbell was rung and Lorelai greeted Rory and Jess. "Here, let me take that." She grabbed the cake and set it on the table.

Rory sat down and sighed. She was exceptionally tired today, especially after finding out they were having twins.

"You okay?" Luke noticed how tired Rory looked.