Those Lost Years

Lorelai held on to Luke's hand. She always did now that they were married. Even though they had lived together for so long, she felt something fresh and new with Luke. She felt like a newlywed. Lorelai thought of the times they fought. They were bad memories, but she realized how many could've been stopped if only she had said sorry. "I'm sorry." She said out loud.

"For what?" Luke startled her. She didn't know he was awake.

"For all those lost years."

Luke was confused, he leaned on his elbows. "What do you mean?"

"All those fights...It's all my fault, I should've just said sorry."

"Woahhhh Woah Woah." Luke patted the bed and Lorelai scooted closer to him. "The past doesn't matter. What matters is that you and I are here together and married." He smiled and kissed Lorelai softly on the lips.

"Mmmm. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Tap. Tap Tap. Tap tap tap. Tap.

"Rory." Lorelai rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'll be right back." Lorelai left the comfort of her bed and headed downstairs to see her daughter tap dancing. "Hon..."

"Oh hey, mom! I"m tapping again, isn't it great!" Rory kept up the awful dancing.

"Yeah great if you were Eleanor Powell...come on, let's go to bed."

"I was born to dance," Rory sighed. "I...I can't sleep." Rory turned off the video and sat on a chair whilst grabbing a cherry pop tart. She pouted.

"Aw. It was like that for me when I was pregnant with you. I could never sleep. Maybe it runs in the family?"

Rory had a troubled look on her face. "Real encouraging, mom."

"Sorry. I promise it will be all worth it when you hold that little baby in your arms." Lorelai thought back to her own pregnancy. When she first held Rory, she had fallen in love.

"I hope so." Rory laughed. "Tell Luke I'm sorry for the noise and I'll go back to bed."

"Okay, Hun. You should find a new stress reliever. Maybe join a circus?"

"Like Dan Rice?"

"If you so desire. Hah. Hang in there, kid. See you in the morning."

"Goodnight, Mom."

Rory went back to bed and contemplated so many things. She had everything she ever needed. Jess was on her side, her mom and Luke were there to help. What was she all worried about?