Vacation! Part 3

With only a couple days left on the trip, Rory and Jess both enjoyed their stay, but were pretty anxious to get back home to their kids. Lorelai had informed them that Haeven had been asking for the last couple of days if, "mommy and daddy were coming back?"

Rory packed the rest of her bags and loaded them onto the hotel cart. "I'm gonna miss this place." She sighed and looked at the room.

"I know, but it'll be nice to be home," Jess gave Rory a sympathetic side hug. "The kids miss us."

*****

"Mommy and daddy coming home!" Haeven cheered when Lorelai told the growingly antsy child that her parents would be back soon.

"I think you're gonna miss all the super fun things we did." Lorelai said in a sort of jokingly jealous tone.

"I love you gamma." The two year old hugged her. "Dolls?" She handed her the barbie she was holding.

"I'd be delighted." Lorelai accepted the doll and they played together while Luke headed to the diner.

*****

"I think this is all." Rory finished packing the rental car and they headed to the airport.

When they arrived at the airport, Rory received some texts and pictures from her mom. "Aww, Jess look." The first picture was of Haeven holding up a picture, blue and red paint on her hands and face, with handprints covering the paper. Below the prints, the words 'I love you mom and dad' written by Lorelai or Luke were there. Two big prints was in the center, and on each side two little hand prints from the babies.

"Haeven's so sweet." Rory scrolled down. Next was a picture of Rosalyn and Adley, wrapped in the blankets Luke had bought them. And the third was a video. Rory pressed play and almost started crying when she saw Haeven holding two babies in her small lap. 'How do you start this thing?' You could hear Luke say in the background. 'Is it recording?' Then Lorelai takes the phone. 'Yes, dear. It's recording.' Haeven looks up to the commotion. 'Silly gampa and gamma!' Luke then sits by Haeven to help her cradle Rosalyn and Adley's tiny heads. 'You're doing so good, honey.' Luke watched her granddaughter's gracefulness and carefulness with such small children. 'Show momma and daddy!' She points at the phone. End video.

Rory was laughing and dabbing at the few tears that brimmed in her eyes. "They're so good with them."

Jess smiled. "They really are. Better than Liz and Tj. Last time they saw Haeven, Tj tried to teach her to hammer nails into a board..." Jess sighed. "She could barely hold the hammer so I had to end it."

Rory just laughed. "I'm sure they meant well."

After a long plane ride, Jess and Rory got off and got their bags.

Lorelai, Luke, and the kids were going to meet them at the airport but decided against it because it was a long trip for two infants and a young toddler.

They pulled up the Luke and Lorelai's house and headed to the door.

"If it isn't Magellan, back from his worldwide trip across the world!" Lorelai greeted and hugged her daughter. "How was Brazil, what about Africa?"

"Very enlightening. Especially from the beach." Rory laughed.

Rosalyn and Adley seemed very happy to be taken into their parent's arms.

"I missed my babies so much." Jess said as he kissed their heads.

"Me too." Rory kissed their cheeks. "You smell so good. Like fresh baby."