Chapter 50

Chapter 50 already?? Dear lord!!

Bailey's POV

The following day is spent packing up all of our clothes and belongings that we brought on this trip. Before the sun sets, Niall takes me out to beach for the last time. We walk along the sand, hands intertwined in the middle of our two bodies. There's a comfortable silence between us as we walk. He randomly kicks the sand and I watch the waves crash beside us. The red sun still shines in the horizon. It looks so beautiful.

I'm still a little sad about leaving tomorrow. I know it's for what's best, though. My mind still can't wrap around the events that took place here just days ago. It's insane, really. I've yet to hear any news on the condition of the man who got shot at the party. I really hope he's doing okay.

I turn my head and see Niall pull his phone out of the back pocket. The screen turns on and he focuses in on the time before sliding it back to its previous spot.

He guides me off the path we were going at the waters edge and walks up a bit on to the dryer sand.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he sits and pulls me down with him. I fall on to his lap, immediately flinging my arms around his neck to steady myself. Niall chuckles at my clumsy act before answering my question.

"Last night, before I came upstairs after the movie I made sure to know exactly what time the sun sets so we could watch it together for the first and final time. It's usually five minutes before eight."

My heart swells at his words. Niall can be so romantic and this just adds on to the list of things he's done for me.

A wide smile crosses my lips. He's so perfect.

"I love you so much," I say, re-positioning myself to straddle his waist. Niall gripes on to my waist and I lean forward to passionately connect our lips. He glides his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance, to which I grant. My fingers wound up in his golden hair, tugging ever so slightly- just the way I know he likes it.

A gasp leaves my mouth and straight into his when Niall abruptly flips us over, him on top. My hair fans out on the sand. His hands travel down my body.

"You're so beautiful." The words come out in a long breath.

My heart beats faster. I allow my legs to wrap around his, tugging him further down on me. Niall caresses my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

My eyes flutter open at the squeaking call of a bird. I'm brought back to reality and I notice the different color of the sky.

I break away from the contact, but Niall doesn't notice what I notice and he dives straight to my neck.

"The sunset," I breathlessly remind him. My voice is too quiet and he doesn't hear me. I wince as he sucks on the sensitive skin. "Niall, the sun is setting," I speak louder and more urgent this time.

Finally, he hears me and he pushes himself up and off of me, turning towards the water. Without a word, Niall lifts me from my laying position on the sand and sets me up where I was previously, on his lap. I blindly play with our intertwined fingers while watching the stunning horizon. The twinkling sun lowers as the minutes pass.

"Thank you for showing me this," I tell Niall in a whisper, almost as if our voices will disturb the sun from beautifully setting.

"Mmm," he hums in response, wrapping his arms around me from behind and then kissing my neck.

Within three minutes of watching the sun lower as if the ocean is pulling it down and under the water, the sky darkens. Everything is still visible, but now it's tinted.