Chapter 27

"The madhouse...Lambeth Asylum,"

I hear Evie say once she calmed down and stopped beating those innocent people. "Jack lures us through the looking glass,"

I look at her still in shock, I slowly walk towards her and put my hand on her shoulder as I asked what happened. I watch as Evie's head goes down so she's looking at the floor before she looks back at me and replied.

"Jack... he's in my head... don't worry I'll be fine but we need to get to Lambeth Asylum," 

I nod my head ok, "Ok, I'll go get a carriage," she nods her head as I leave to go and receive the carriage, I thought it would be better for me to get it just in case she gets these vision's again. I slowly sneak out Jack's mother's murder scene, trying not to get caught by the rooks who is no working for Jack.

I use my eagle vision to see where they are and there are quite a few lingering around this part of the place. Properly all together there are around eight of them. Three are near the carriage I want, so to make it easier 

I decide to use my throwing knives to kill them and not be spotted. I grab three of my throwing knives and one by one I throw them at the Rooks' head, unfortunately, these actions had caught the other Rooks attention and the final four had wondered over to the three corpses.

As I'm about to go out and kill them by hand, I notice a bomb been thrown, they all look down at it in confusion but once it exploded with a loud screech, they scream in terror and run off in different directions. I move out and walked towards the carriage.

I look up to the tops of the roofs to see Evie smiling down at me. Who would have thought that an ex-Templar would be best friends with a professional Assassin, I'll never forget that day that I helped her and gained her trust and killed my own Blighters. I never thought that day would make her trust me and helped us become best friends. 

But Evie isn't only my best friend, a blighter called Martha is also my best friend, we worked together every since I made her a Templar, you maybe wonder what happened to her and why isn't she here helping me find the love of my life.

A few months after I married Jacob, Martha had found a man who was visiting London. He lived in American so that's where she is. The last thing I heard from her is that they had gotten married and she birthed three daughters named, Julia, Rosa, and Cora but I haven't spoke to her in a while due to the Ripper roaming the place.

After Evie and I got the asylum, we quickly left the carriage and used our gauntlets to get us to the roofs to help us get a better look at the place, I look around the place to see nobles being stopped access in, but why?

"Back at the beginning, eh, Jack?" I said as I stand up and looked at the asylum he was once put in. "Jacob freed you from this place but... I really wish he didn't... I told him he should have left you there but he didn't listen, he made you an assassin, one of us. Now look at where that got us,"

Evie looks over to me in sympathy, I look at her with a frown, as I look to the ground, remembering the argument I had with him about letting Jack out, hopefully... if he's...alive. He'll listen to what I say next time.

I quickly shake the feeling away before I start climbing down the side which Evie following. "We can't be seen and we can't kill anyone, we must avoid being detected," Evie announces as she starts walking away from where all the people are standing.

"Come, follow me... I think I know a way to get in,"

I nod and followed Evie who had climbed through a broken part the metal fence. Running up some wood before climbing through the tree's avoiding the police sights before she used her gauntlet to get her to the roofs.