Chapter 29 - Time Out

***Harry's POV

I just saw the 'Mumma Bear' in Bea come out and it wasn't a cuddly teddy bear.

I'm glad my wife loves our kids with her whole heart and desires to protect them, but I almost shit my pants.

God speed to the poor soul that answers her call at the pediatrician's office.

"I'm hungry, Dadda!" Ferris says and I look up from stirring her oatmeal.

"I've got good news then," I muse, setting her pink princess bowl on the high chair tray. "Breakfast is served, mademoiselle."

"Yay!" Ferris claps and looks in the bowl. As I grab her bib and sit next to her, she looks at me and frowns, "I want cookies."

"You already had a cookie, Love," I kindly remind her as I fasten the bib around her neck. I scoop a small bite of oatmeal with the spoon and lift it to her mouth, "Here you go."

"No!" she smacks my hand away but thankfully I have a good grip on the spoon. "I want cookies."

Looking at my unhappy daughter, I huff out a breath and try not to lose my cool.

I knew giving her a cookie would come back to bite me in the arse. How do I get her to eat this? Think, Harold, think. Aha! I'm brilliant.

"Wanna know a secret, Ferris?" I ask with a big smile and she nods her head. I lean in close and point to the bowl, "There are teeny tiny cookies in here."

She gasps, "Really?"

Her happy expression sends a twinge of guilt to my heart for fibbing to her, but she has to eat her breakfast.

"Mhm," I nod and lift the spoon to her mouth. She takes the bite and I smile smugly. "Good girl."

"Yummy cookies," she grins and I wipe her chin with the bib.

The oven timer beeps, signaling the breakfast casserole has finished heating, so I hand Ferris her spoon.

"Do you want to feed yourself like a big girl?"

"Yeah, I'm a big girl, Dadda."

"Yes, you're a big girl, Love," I kiss my little girl's forehead before walking over to the oven.

I grab the two pot holders from the counter and take the dish out of the oven when I hear Bea frantically calling my name. I look over and feel searing pain on my thumbs.

"Fuck!" I set the dish on the counter and snap my hands away as Bea rushes up to me.

"Dr. Trammel's office had a cancellation and can get Sebastian in at ten-thirty," she says, glancing at the clock. "That's in an hour, we'll never make it. I still have to shower, pump, get the kids ready, pack the diaper bag and-"

"Beatrice, calm down, Love. We'll make it. I'll get the kids dressed and pack the diaper bag so you can get ready," I shrug my shoulders, trying to hide the fact that my thumbs are still on fire. "I can shower when we get home. It's no big deal."

"Okay, and I'll skip breakfast," she says and I give her a look.

"Like hell you will," I scoff. "Go get ready and I'll put some in a container so you can eat on the way."

"Oh, Harry, you're so sweet, I don't deser-"

"Yes, I know. Now keep those hormones in check and go shower, Love," I kiss her cheek and she nods before leaving the kitchen.

Feeling the pressure to hurry, I prepare Bea's portion, complete with a glob of sour cream, avocado and tomato and I fill a thermos with orange juice.