Chapter 72 - Not The End

***Bea's POV

"Look, Mommy! Look at my dress float in, in, in the air."

Keeping my head still, I look over and see my three-year-old daughter hopping on the bed while holding onto her flower basket.

She's the cutest flower girl ever.

"Yeah, I see, but please be careful, okay, Ferris?"

"Okay, Mommy," she giggles and hops onto her bum, which makes her laugh even more. "I do it again."

"Be caref-"

"Don't worry, Beatrice. I've got her."

"Thanks, Mom- ow, April!" I squint my eyes in pain, reaching up to rub my stinging scalp. "I asked you to touch up my hair, not pull it out."

"Sorry; just one more bobby pin and...okay, close your eyes and hold your breath," she instructs and I do as she says, immediately hearing the unmistakable sound of hairspray. "All done."

"Thank God. How's it look?" I ask with a slight cough, opening my eyes and she turns me toward my vanity mirror. "Woah, is that even me?" I ask in shock and she hums, still picking at my hair. "I love it. It's simple yet romantic; just what I wanted. Thank you so much, April."

"Happy to do it, Bea. So was it worth the pain?" she teases and I nod with a smile. "Alright, I'll take this wrap off so you can see the finished product."

With a nervous, high-pitched sound, I slip on my open-toed high heels and stand up. Smoothing out the slight wrinkles in my dress, I walk over to my closet mirror and it's like I'm the center of attention.

"Oh, Beatrice, you look absolutely lovely," my mom says with a quiver in her voice and I thank her.

"This silhouette makes you look even skinnier," Gemma says and I can't help but grin proudly. "Our morning speed walks have paid off, yeah?"

"Yeah, they have and thanks for your moral support, Miss Skinny."

"Oh hush now," she playfully chides with a pat to my bum and a knock at the door interrupts our laughter. "I'll see who it is."

"Thanks, Gem. Oh, Mom, will you put Ferris' dress shoes on her, please? They're still in the box by my nightstand."

"Of course."

"Oh Bea, look what the best man just delivered," Gemma sing-songs, peaking my interest. "Something for the bride to be and flower girl, from the groom."

"Aw, he's so sweet," I smile as I take the two jewelry boxes, one being robin egg-colored with a white satin ribbon, and I walk over to the bed. "Ferris, look what Dadda gave us."

"What is it?"

"I don't know, so we have to open them to find out," I kindly explain, sitting next to her and she crawls over to me. "Look, Ferris, this one has your name on it."

"Yay! I love it, Mommy," she looks up at me with her big blue eyes and I have to hold back my laugh.

With my help, she pulls the pink ribbon off and opens the box, squealing in excitement.

"Oh, Ferris, it's a pretty pink bracelet," I say and she copies my gasp. "And look, it has two little charms. An F for your name and what shape is this?"

"Ummm, a heart."

"That's right. Good job, sweet girl. Do you like it?"

"Yeah! I love it, Mommy."

"Would you like to wear it now?" I ask, already slipping the bracelet on her tiny wrist because I know my daughter. "This is from Dadda, so let's be sure to thank him, okay?"