Chapter 66 - Scattered Fragments

A/N: Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous mothers out there. Enjoy your day! 💐🌷👑

***Harry's POV

"I know you don't mean that."

"It was your fault," Bea says again, turning to walk away from me.

"Wait, Beatrice, don't leave," I practically beg as I follow her to our loo. "Let's talk about th-" I'm cut off by her slamming the door in my face and I exhale a deep breath. "Please open the door, Love," I say as calmly as I can, leaning against the door. "Let's just sit down a-and talk about this."

Bea yells that it's my fault and for me to 'go away' and I close my eyes because this is just too much for me to comprehend right now. I want to believe she didn't mean it, but the heartlessness in her tone makes it bloody impossible.

"C'mon, Bea, let me in or I'm gonna take the hinges off the door."

I roll my eyes because I realize the hinges are on the inside, but I don't think she'll figure that out. Even though I know the door is locked, I still jiggle the handle and I sigh in frustration because I hear Ferris' cries coming through the baby monitor. I'm near the point of pulling my hair out and I decide to check on my daughter without telling Bea.

I make my way to her room and open the door, putting on a brave face for my little girl. I walk over to the crib, smiling softly as she holds out her arms for me.

"Aw, what's the matter, Love, hm?" I coo, picking her up and she calms down. "Do you need some cuddles?" I ask and she nods as I gently lay her on the changing table. "Dadda needs some cuddles, too, but let's get your jammies on first, yeah?"

"But I want to, to, to watch Barney with you."

"You do?" I knowingly ask and she nods, looking up at me with her blue eyes. "I want to watch Barney with you, too."

My little girl smiles her dimpled smile that she inherited from me and I reach for her pink feetie pajamas. While I change her into her pajamas, I sing the Barney song with her, all the while trying to hold back my tears.

I don't think our happy family is happy anymore.

"Who's ready to watch Barney?" I ask with a fake smile, picking her up and she squeals in excitement.

I walk the few steps over to the glider, taking my iPhone from my pocket and I sit down. While I hold it up for Ferris to watch, I use this time to think about what happened with Bea.

I know Seb's death isn't my fault, and I know she knows it's not my fault, but I have no bloody clue why she would say that it is.

I've noticed she's been acting differently today, almost like she thinks she's the only one who said goodbye to Seb. While she is his mother, I love my son just as much and even though the pain of losing him is slowly eating away at my heart, we still have Ferris.

And her tiny hand that's holding onto mine reminds me of that.

You have to be strong for both of your girls, Harry. You have no other choice.

My vision becomes blurry and I reach up to wipe away my tears, smiling softly at my daughter's giggles.

"Is Barney silly, Love?" I ask and she nods her head on my chest.

I kiss the top of her head, quickly looking toward the door when I hear a distinct loud noise. My heart begins to race as the sound continues and I have to think fast.

"Okay, Ferris, can you be a big girl and play with your toys in your room?"

"Yeah, I'm a big girl, Dadda," she says and I praise her as I gently set her down.