Chapter 33 - I Hate Hay Fever

A/N: How adorable is Harry's sneezy face? 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝

***Harry's POV

I spent the last twenty minutes in that blasted store looking for my daughter's dolly. I even went to the customer service desk and after waking up the employees, asked them if anyone had turned it in.

No one had.

I knew my little girl would be heartbroken, so I decided to get her a new dolly.

"I think she'll love it," I say to myself, tucking the bag between the seats.

I buckle my seat belt and turn the key in the ignition to start the van. Before I back out of the parking spot, I turn on the vent and windshield wipers.

Combing my fingers through my wet hair, I feel a shiver wrack through my body. I'm even more soaked than before since I left my damn umbrella at home.

Sometimes I surprise myself at my own stupidity.

As I wait for the windshield to defog, I decide to call Bea and check on her and the kids. I'm only ten minutes away from home but I miss them.

It's amazing how my priorities have changed over the course of my twenty-seven-year-old life. They are my everything and I would do anything for them.

Bea's phone rings until her voicemail picks up and I roll my eyes. I have no clue why she isn't answering and it's irritating as hell.

Holding my phone between my ear and shoulder, I shift the gear in Reverse and back out of the spot.

"Hey, Baby, it's me," I glance in the rearview mirror and shift the gear in Drive. "Just calling to see if you're doing okay or need anything else while I'm out," I pause to look both ways before pulling onto the main thoroughfare and I hold my phone in my hand. "Okay, well I should be home in ten, maybe a little longer since it's raining. Don't worry; I'm driving carefully. M'kay, I love you, Bea. Bye."

I tap my thumb on the red End Call button and tuck my phone in my pocket as I continue to drive and I feel a tickle in my throat. As I change lanes to turn left ahead, I cough into the crook of my elbow to force out whatever's in there.

It doesn't work.

Pressing my foot to the brake, I let the van come to a slow stop at the red light. I grab my water bottle from the cup holder and take a swig, deciding to try Bea one more time.

As her voicemail picks up, I set my empty water bottle back in the cup holder and clear my throat.

"Hey, Love," I try my best to not sound irritated but I am. "It's me again. Just wanted to make sure you're okay. I'm maybe five minutes away now. See you soon. I love you."

I end the call and tuck my phone back in my pocket and the light turns green. Something inside me just doesn't sit right. Bea always has her phone on her or at least close by so she can answer.

God, I hope she's okay. And what about the kids? Oh, shit. What if something happened?

With that terrifying thought, I step on the gas just a bit more. Our street sign is blurred from the rain but I feel relieved knowing I'll be home soon. I turn the blinker on and after two cars pass, I turn left onto our street and it's like I can't get to the house fast enough.

I pull into the driveway and park behind my truck and turn off the engine, taking the keys with me. I grab the grocery bag and get out, letting the door swing shut behind me. I make a beeline for the house, avoiding puddles and letting out a few coughs.

Clicking the van locked behind me, I jog up the porch steps and unlock the door.

"Bea?" I call out, fighting with the doorknob to take out the keys. "Beatrice?" I call out again, shutting the door behind me. I drop the grocery bag in the foyer and rush into the kitchen since that's where they were when I left. The light's off, so I make my way upstairs, feeling my heart pounding in my chest. "Where are you, Love?"

The hallway is quiet as I walk towards our bedroom and I stop at the doorway.

"Oh, thank God," I sigh in relief and walk over to my wife.

She is sleeping soundly next to Ferris in our bed and I turn around and smile at my sleeping boy. I tuck his blanket around him, somewhat taken aback at how he's propped up.

But I remind myself that it's what Dr. Trammel said to do and that it will help my son, so I nod in acceptance.

"You're gonna be okay, little guy," I whisper, lightly patting his belly. "Dadda loves you."

My nose twitches and I feel a sneeze building. I rush into the loo and thankfully shut the door before a few sneezes rip right through me.

"Ugh, I hate hay fever," I mutter, tearing off some tissue paper and I blow my nose.

A shiver wracks through my body as I throw the crumpled tissue in the bin and I decide that a hot shower sounds pretty fucking good right about now.

I take my phone, wallet and keys from my pocket and set them on the counter before walking over to the bathtub. I start the shower to let it heat up while I take off my soaked clothes. I hang them over the shower rod so they can air dry and I grab a towel from the linen closet. I hang it on the hook and step inside the shower, pulling the curtain closed.

"F-fuck yes," I stutter, closing my eyes as I enjoy the hot water and steam.

Turning around so my back is toward the water, I hold my arms close to my chest, clasping my hands together as my entire body trembles. With enough steam built up, I blow my stuffy nose and feel my ears pop.

After shampooing my hair and washing my body, I rinse off and enjoy the hot water one last time before turning off the faucet.

I grab the towel and dry off, shivering the entire time. I groan when I realize I forgot a new pair of boxers, so I wrap the towel around my waist. Running my hand through my wet hair, I notice Bea's hair dryer and sigh.

That will feel so damn good.

After blow drying my hair and sometimes letting the hot air wash over my torso, I turn it off and set it back on the counter.

Suddenly, I feel drained and I just want to go to sleep. I slowly open the door to the loo and quietly make my way over to the dresser. I grab a pair of boxers, joggers and a long sleeve t-shirt and go back into the loo, just in case someone wakes up.

After dressing in the comfortable and warm clothes, I walk back into the bedroom and decide to get some socks for my cold feet. I grab a pair and walk over to my side of the bed and slowly sit down so I don't wake Bea or Ferris.

I put one sock on my right foot, then my left and I pull back the bloody covers and lay down. With my body shivering, I close my eyes and curl myself into a ball.

Fuck. This isn't Hay Fever.***

A/N: Did I get ya with the whole Harry driving/possible accident cliffhanger?!?! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I'd never do that to our precious cupcake.

But it makes me wonder how ya'll will react with what I have in store. 😐

Much Love.
❤❤❤❤