Chapter 43 - All Over Again

***Harry's POV

My wife calls my name and I turn off the porch light before walking into the living room.

"What do you need, Love?" I ask, taking a seat next to her on the couch. "What's the matter?"

Bea sniffs, wiping away her tears and she tells me that 'it's nothing.'

I'm smarter than I look, Love.

"You know I don't believe you, right?" I smirk, hoping to get her to smile but it doesn't work. I take her hand in mine and kiss the back. "Won't you tell me what's wrong."

"No."

"Beatrice," I chide and she sighs a heavy breath.

"Okay, so, we're married," she pauses and I happily agree. She takes in a breath and lets it out slowly, closing her eyes. "Then why haven't you kissed me all day?"

What the-

"Oh," I chuckle and immediately stop because the look on her face tells me it isn't funny. "Love, I haven't kissed you today because I'm afraid you'll catch the last of my sick germs."

"You're sick?" she worriedly asks and I nod.

"Since Monday, but I feel much better," I honestly say, caressing the back of her hand with my thumb.

"Then why won't you kiss me if you feel better?" she asks. "It's because of today, isn't it?"

"Absolutely not, Baby. It's because I don't want to get you sick."

"Oh," she sighs and I kiss the back of her hand, earning a tiny giggle.

"Let's go to bed, yeah?"

After several painful minutes, we make it into our room. It's with some struggle that I undress her and put her nightgown on her because I don't want to take the neck brace off until she's in bed.

While Bea brushes her teeth, I change into my pajama bottoms and take my nightly heart medication. Carrying our dirty clothes to the hamper, I create a reminder in my phone to schedule an appointment with my cardiologist next week.

As I drop the clothes into the hamper, I tell myself that the dizziness is probably nothing. I know it's because of the cold I had this past week and I hope that a good night's sleep will help me feel better.

"I need water, please," Bea says and I hand her the cup I had already prepared, smiling when I see some toothpaste on her chin. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Love," I say, inconspicuously wiping the blue paste from her chin as she takes a sip.

She looks at me while she swishes for a few seconds before leaning over the sink to spit and I hand her a washcloth.

"Thank you again," she sighs, dabbing it to her chin.

"You're welcome again," I wink at her and prepare my toothbrush with some toothpaste.

"God, I'm so tired," Bea sighs. "Are you?"

I mumble my answer with my toothbrush in my mouth, earning a lazy giggle and my heart skips a beat.

"While you're doing that, I'll go check on the kids," she says and my smile fades.

"Wait a second, Love," I say before taking a swig of water, earning her attention. I spit into the sink, reaching for the hand towel and I dry my mouth. "Your parents took the kids for the night. Remember?"

"Oh, oh yeah, God, this is so-, it's so-, ugh, I don't even know the right word, dammit."

"Baby, don't cry," I wrap my arms around her, embracing her in a hug and I close my eyes. "We'll get through this together. It's been a long day. Let's go to bed, hm?" I press a kiss to her shoulder before standing back up. "Would you like to cuddle with me, Mrs. Styles?"