Chapter 34 - Burning Up

***Bea's POV

I stir from my nap with a yawn and I rub my eyes. Exhaling my breath, I stare at the ceiling and realize I fell asleep before I could get my phone from downstairs.

Oh no. Where's Harry?

Pressing my hand to the bed, I push myself up to sit on my side. Ferris is still sleeping soundly next to me in the middle of the bed and I look over and notice Harry's hair sticking out of the covers.

Relief washes over me knowing he made it home safely in the bad weather, but I wonder why he didn't wake me up.

A crash of thunder startles me, causing me to yelp and I quickly cover my mouth with my hand. I look over at Sebastian who's still snoring his little head off in the bassinet and Harry and Ferris haven't budged.

For once I'm grateful that they can sleep through anything.

The pinging of the rain against the windowpane is the only sound in our bedroom, well, that and Sebastian's snores. My smile fades, though, when I remember what could've happened with that drunk driver earlier and it brings tears to my eyes.

I wouldn't know what I'd do without you, Harry.

My heart actually aches at the thought. Even though we're only two feet apart, I need to feel him, I need to kiss him and I need to tell him that I love him.

Pushing the covers down, I get out of bed, careful not to wake my sleeping angels. I tiptoe over to his side, smiling like an idiot in love but as soon as I see him, my smile fades and I start to panic.

Harry looks extremely pale and he's shivering. His eyes are closed and his eyebrows are furrowed so I know he isn't asleep. I whisper his name, pressing my hand to his forehead and my heart sinks to my stomach.

"Oh my God, you're burning up," I whisper, removing my hand to wipe the sweat on my pants. "I'm gonna bring you some medicine then I'm taking the kids out of here."

With his lethargic nod, I walk as fast as I can to our bathroom. I open the medicine cabinet and spot the pain reliever plus fever reducer that won't interfere with his heart medication. I grab the bottle from the top shelf and unscrew the cap.

Nervously biting my lip, I fill the plastic measuring cup with the thick orange liquid, telling myself that he's going to be okay.

I twist the cap back on the bottle and grab the digital thermometer from the drawer. As I walk into our bedroom, I make a mental note of the time so I know when to give him the next dose.

"Here you go, Harry," I whisper and immediately pull my blouse over my nose and mouth so I don't breathe in his germs.

Harry groans, opening his bleary eyes and he lifts his head. I place the cup to his lips and once it's empty, I set it on his nightstand.

"T-thank you," he says in a hoarse voice, closing his eyes and his whole body jolts in a shiver.

"No need to thank me," I kindly say, touching the thermometer to his lips. "Say 'Ah.'"

Harry groans in disapproval, opening his mouth and I place it under his tongue. He closes his lips around it and while I wait, I pull the covers up to tuck my husband in and I tell him he's going to be fine.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles pitifully, coughing a few times and the digital thermometer beeps.

"Don't be sorry," I say in a calming tone, taking the thermometer to read it. "Oh my God, Harry! It's one-hundred and two point four," I say in disbelief and set it on his nightstand, reminding myself to stay calm. "Just rest now. Okay?" I brush his hair back and I can feel the heat radiating from his scalp. "Your phone is right here on your nightstand so just call or text me if you need anything. I'll bring you some soup and orange juice in a bit."