Chapter 55 - Hang In There

A/N:

SIGN

OF

THE

TIMES
.

***Harry's POV

Lose me? She thinks she'll lose me? Well shit. We don't have time but I have to settle this now.

We haven't even backed out of our driveway, so I turn to my wife who's drying her tears and about to lose it.

"Beatrice, look at me" I sternly say, earning her attention and I cup her cheeks with my hands. "I'm going to say this one time and you better listen because we have to leave for my appointment," I say and she whispers a 'yes, sir.' "You are not going to lose me. Okay?"

My words seem to compute in her brain because the worry in her eyes is gone and she nods. I tell my girl that I love her more than anything and she tells me she loves me. With a soft smile, I lean over and kiss my beautiful wife.

She swipes her tongue across my top lip and I mumble her name onto her lips, earning a giggle. I lean back and give her a chiding look, caressing her cheeks with my thumb.

"There will be plenty of time for that later, but right now, we have to go."

"But right now, we have to go," she mocks in a fake British accent and I playfully narrow my eyes at her.

"It's a good thing I love you, Mrs. Styles," I muse as we buckle our seatbelts and she kisses the air in my direction.

"I love you, too, Mr. Styles."

Roughly forty-five minutes later, we're seated in the waiting room at Dr. Coleman's office. It's the same practice I've gone to ever since I was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy as a thirteen-year-old kid.

There are familiar faces from when my mum first brought me here and a few new and friendly people. If I have to suffer with this heart disease, I'd rather have the best cardiac care from the best, which is Dr. Coleman and his team.

The ticking of the clock on the wall and the water in the fish tank solidify that I'm here and about to find out what's going on with my heart.

And I'm scared.

Shit, I want Bea to come back with me, but how do I bring it up without looking like a pussy? The chairs are more comfortable in the exam room? You'll get a lollipop? I know! I'll tell her that I'll have to get naked. That'll get her.

"Harry, you can come back now," a friendly voice interrupts my thoughts and I nod at her before turning to face Bea.

"Uhm, you can come back with me, if you'd like," I mumble, picking at my bottom lip and I hope to God she doesn't sense my nervousness.

"O-okay, are you sure?" she asks, already grabbing her purse and I nod.

It's several minutes later and after Nurse Allison takes my vitals, et cetera that Bea and I are alone in the examination room waiting for Dr. Coleman. I'm perched up on the dreaded examination table while she has moved the chair to be closer to me. Bea's holding my hand, telling me that it's probably nothing and that we shouldn't worry.

I find it amazing that we can be strong for each other when we need to be. Just over an hour ago, I was consoling my wife and now she's unknowingly calming my fears.

And being able to see down the front of her sundress is helping.

A lot.

"Do you think Ferris is okay now?" Bea asks and I avert my eyes, clearing my damn throat. "She hasn't cried that hard in a while."