Memories

~ UNEDITED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ~

Lucy's PoV

The park was almost empty, with the only people here being us and a large family of five children and the two fatherly figures. Although they seemed to be very young, they were overly quiet -almost too quiet, but it was nice to see not everyone was glued to their phones.

Speaking of, Joe's face was bathed in a light but visible whitish light in the sunset.
I sighed internally as he put it away and found the path up the hill. It can't get any worse.

My headache was coming back with a strong vengeance for trouble and I closed my eyes for a second. The wheels turned unsteadily as the path slowly swerved sharply. I feel against the side of the arm and felt a pinch. Pulling away gently, my eyes snapped open as I rubbed my hand over the probably forming bruse.

The sunset was a beautiful array of colours and I felt something. My stomach rumbled as I remembered something.

"Just go in, it's not going to kill you." He sounded annoyed but amused, two emotions you don't normally mix, yet he pulled it off. Two girls in the corner becomed Cam over as we ordered ice cream but he either ignored them or didn't even see them.

"I want the vanilla, chocolate swirl two scoops please," he said to the lady behind the cashier before looking at me again, his eyes lighting up,

"For the little lady?" He smirked, but I could see beneath it, to the real boy who was hurting badly after the divorce. Even so, I wanted my favourite combination.

"Triple chocolate, strawberry swizzle, coconut and pecan pie in a four scoop tube with chocolate shavings and 3 flakes please," I replied, directing it at Cam but making sure the lady knew too. He smiled, really smiled as she looked stunned. I giggled.

Cam's hand slipped into mine as he paid for it with his card despite my arguments. I knew he would finish my ice cream if I didn't,  and if not him than his brother when we all meet up back at theirs. For now, it's just me and Cam.

The vintage booth we went to was red and almost overflowing. Cam kindly asked the people in it to leave and amazingly, they complied. Maybe it's his connections.

I sat down next to Cam, really close like usual, but he seemed deep in thought and didn't put his arm around me like usual.

My head was pounding as I feared the worst, "Cam..." My voice was raspy but it was done.

"I can't do it L, I love them, but I can't love you. I'm going and for once, you are not going to follow." There was a hard glint in his eyes and he shuffled out the seat, and out the door. The girls followed, and for once he didn't push them away. Jelous."

My cheeks were damp as the memory ended - I didn't realise this would happen. Joe saw my tear stains and he came to a stop by a park bench.

"You got something?" He asked almost in a monotone. This wasn't a friend, this was a shell of someone that knows the old me, the me I am finding.

"Yeah, but I'm confused." I replied truthfully, a little scared of his reactions.

"Doc said that would be a side effect," he responded in the same voice.