I Love You [epilogue]

(quick a/n, this is going to be longer then my usual chapters, and some bonus scenes will be shorter. Please be considerate xx)

Lucy's PoV
"And the winner, of the All England Championships are...." the lady up front stood in front of the girls and boys, talking into a microphone. The gentle background music contrasted almost comically with the lingering tention, as she paused for effect. A collective breath rippled through the audience, and I found myself holding my breath along with them as Joe rubbed soothing circles on my thumb.

Our intertwined hands rested on my lap as I stated ahead of me.

I felt a quick and brief kiss on my temple, before Joe ducked his head down to whisper in my ear. "No matter what, you support her, yes?" He was referring to our daughters position; should she win, she would have achieved my all time dream, a dream that never came true due to the untimely accident that coated me my ability to walk normally.

"No matter what, our little girl did amazing." He hummed in agreement, and snuggled contently into his side.

"Anabella Thomas from the Rince Ryenalds institute!"

Time froze for a moment, as everything came to a halt the second my daughter's name was called out as the first placed girl of her category in the most prestigious competition apart from the world's themselves, which Anabella now had a one way ticket to greatness through.

But then there came a deafening roar, a catastrophic crescendo hailing my daughter as she came up to the from to win her prise.

A standing ovation matched with screams, cheers and joyous laughter, almost everyone stood up. So loud the floor felt like it was moving, everyone with genuine smiles. All our family and friends standing round; Dan and Sapphire and their twins, Crystal and Jaden, Derek and Ruby with Jessi already running towards the stage, Jenni with the pigtails and Jodi in her arms, Sam and his girlfriend Alexis, a lovely girl he wholeheartedly deserves, me, Joe, Anabella on stage and a new addition I've yet to tell.

As the other names were called out, I stated openly in love and wonder at our beautiful child, and pondered if she'd be a good big sister. As she helped the toddlers who had participated in the walkers cup onto their podiums, my question was answered for me, and I smiled, a real, good smile that felt amazing.

I looked towards Sam and Alexis, Dan and his mini gang, Derek and his gems, and at Joe, and realised this was the life we were born to live. I'm not a fighter, I hang on. We all do.

After most the results, clapping until are hands hurt and then some, the 11-12s walked on stage in order. Once again, everyone stood up and clapped.

For the last twelve years, I had been working for this moment. Clasping the sides of my stationary wheelchair tightly, I used the upper body strength I'd built up over time to raise myself into​a more upright position.

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled loudly, but it was barely audible in the chaotic clapping. Shifting my legs ontovtye floor from their usual spots in the step tiles, I took another deep breath, and heaved.

I'd grown accustomed to the pain that ripped through my knee as I swayed into an upright position, but held my ground. As the chatter and clapping died down, I leaned into Joe's tall frame, causing him to look down.

His eyes widened, first in fright, then softening in love, and finally settling on joy. Pure, ecstatic joy lit up his features like a Christmas tree's lights as he stared at my position, wrapping a gentle arm around me and tucking me closer into his side. As everyone left the stage, the friends gathered with us began to notice too.

"Lucy!" Sapphire was the first to notice, too wrapped up in moments of their own, "Lucy, you're like, stood up!" It didn't sound patronising, mean or rude, she was so pleased for me. At her statement, the boys, who had previously been having a best baby dad competition, all comedically snapped their heads towards us.