Chapter 29

Mermaid!AU Sterek Chapter 29

RECAP

Allison begins to shoot arrows into the hunters holding Lydia and Erica before any one of them could react.

Boyd and Parrish shoot the other ones down before they have a chance to pull out their guns.

Derek locks eyes with a now freed Stiles. They stare at each other for a moment before Derek launches himself at Peter.

***********************************************************************

It seemed to happen in slow motion.

The last thing Stiles saw before he passed out was Derek and Peter struggling for a gun on the floor before a loud gun shot rang out.

He felt the warm liquid pool out of the wound in his stomach as his hands reached for his stomach.

He heard Derek yelling. Then another gun shot ran out.

Then he collapsed.

***********************************************************

"How's he doing?" Derek jumped at the sound of Scott's voice.

He turned around to look at him.

"You look like crap." Scott snorted and tried to give him a smile. "Speak for yourself, you look like you got hit by a train."

Derek snorted but Scott was right. They both looked like crap.

Their hairs were greasy and messy, eyes dark and sunken in. They haven't been eating right or sleeping well. Their cheeks were hollow as well.

"Deaton says he's going to be okay but he doesn't know when he'll wake up." Scott nodded, taking a seat in one of the chairs in the waiting room. Derek joined him in the chair across from him.

"He's going to be fine Derek, don't beat yourself up

"He's going to be fine Derek, don't beat yourself up." Scott said after a while of watching Derek have a mental battle with himself.

"I'm not- " Scott raised his hand making Derek shut up and sigh. " If I would've moved fast enough maybe he'd be okay, maybe he wouldn't be in that hospital bed right now."

"Derek you couldn't have possibly known that bullet was going to hit Stiles, it's not your fault." Derek sighed again, letting his head fall into his hands.