[ one ] -- the boys

The very first chapter for Dear Prudence!

Yay, five second dance party :D

Ohhhhh, we're halfway there. Whoaaaaa, living on a prayer. Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear.

My jam this week.

Living On A Prayer -- Bon Jovi

xoxo,

Pornoskians 

-

[ one ] -- the boys

“Prudence, you’d better not start with your weird church stuff when Calum gets here. He’s bringing his mates over this time and I don’t want you to freak them out with your God nonsense.” Lucy, Prudence’s older sister by only one year and a couple of months, warned her.

The sixteen year old, wearing her old knitted sweater and ankle length white skirt, nodded to her sister. “Don’t worry, Luce. I’ll stay out of their way if that's what you want. And its not nonsense, the word of God is very powerful and He would want me to share it with the world.” She got up and motioned to walk towards the stair case that led to the bedrooms slowly. Her worn bible she held in her hand, hung heavily by her side. It looked enormous in her frail hold.

Her sister stopped her, her tone softening down some. “You don’t have to leave.”

“I know Calum doesn’t like me.” Prudence pointed out, her eyebrows knitting into a slight frown as she pushed her black rimmed glasses up the bridge of her nose.

“Its not that he doesn’t like you...” Lucy told her, trying to sound reassuring, but they both knew she had failed. “Its just that… he thinks you’re a bit...weird.”

“He doesn’t like me.” Prudence stated firmly, walking with her frail little legs towards the bottom of the staircase. “But that’s alright,” She said, her hand grabbing onto the wooden railing. “I should be getting ready to go to group tonight. Will you be going?”

Lucy’s face scrunched up in thought. “Erm… ”

“Maybe you can invite Calum.” Prudence added jokingly as a small smile touched her lips.

“Calum? At a Catholic youth group gathering? I don’t think so. He’s Christian, not Catholic.” Lucy pointed out to her sister. Before dropping out of high school, Lucy knew he attended a Christian school on the other side of town. Lucy, on the other hand, attended a Catholic school and she met him at one of the school's football games where the two schools played against each other. Lucy was a cheer leader and Calum was on the football team.

“God is manifested in every religion. And besides, both religions branch from the same place of origin. I’m sure God won’t mind if Calum attends a Catholic youth group meeting.” Prudence said.

Just then, the door-bell rang.

Lucy sprang up from her seat like a firecracker and rushed to the front door, which was just a few feet away from the stairs where Prudence stood. Prudence watched everything, not having had time to retreat to her room in time and now had to greet Calum’s guests who would probably not be too fond of her, just like their friend wasn’t.

“Hey!” Lucy grinned from ear to ear, throwing her thin arms around Calum’s neck to pull him in for a kiss on the lips.

While they sucked each other’s faces off, Prudence’s eyes met a pair of hazel colored ones. She looked away shyly, hoping he hadn’t noticed her, but her face flushed crimson in embarrassment. Her gaze was suddenly on him again and she somehow felt like she was watching a small piece of heaven. Every single one of his features was angelic to her; the hazel eyes that watched her curiously, his golden curls like that of an angel, and the heavenly smile that graced his lips. The other boys next to him were almost as beautiful, but the hazel eyed boy was the one who stood out to her. There was something friendly in his face that told her maybe he wouln't be as judgemental as others were with her.