Chapter 20: Prince

(A/N: This has to be the longest one I have written enjoy and don't forget to vote!!!)

You fell asleep with your eyes full of tears and your face puffy. Savannah had left you alone after ignoring her for an hour. You had been hurt before in this way. They guy cheated on you and you always felt like it was your fault. You felt like you didn’t give him what he wanted and he went off and found it somewhere else.

The next morning you woke up with your eyes stinging and a headache. Savannah was knocking lightly, asking if you wanted breakfast. You refused and crawled under the covers. You had slept on top of the covers and wanted to be held by the softness. Part of you wished you hadn’t come on this trip and the other part was hoping the girl confused another guy for Niall. You didn’t take the chance and closed your eyes as another sob started up. After a few hours, you heard Savannah talking to someone then footsteps.

There was a knock on the door then his voice rang out.

“(Y/N), come out here, please.” Niall pleaded.

You rolled over and watch as rain drops traveled down the window. You didn’t want to talk to him.

“He wants to talk (Y/N). Just open the door and let him in.” Savannah sounded like she was trying not to kill Niall.

You ignored and covered your head with the covers, trying to enjoy the warmth of the bed. You heard a click noise and knew Savannah found the key and unlocked the door. After a moment the bed dipped and a hand was pulling down the covers. You refused to let go of the covers and pulled them away.

The covers were pulled right off and as your eyes adjusted to the light, you saw Niall looking at you. He looked tired and sad.

“What?” you asked harshly.

“I wanted to talk to you.” Niall said simply, rubbing his head. He must have a hangover.

“About what? About how you told me I was your princess? I bet you say that to a lot of other girls.” Your temper rose as you thought of a stick thin girl clinging to him as he called her his princess. “Or is it about how you lie to the one who loves you for you and not for what you do and how famous you are? Just go away.” You pulled the covers over your head as a sob threatened your voice.

“I didn’t lie, (Y/N). I was drunk and stupid. As soon as I realized it I pushed her away and went back to the hotel. I tried calling you and finally I just came down. Please you have to understand that I didn’t mean to do it and regret every moment of it.”

You tried to sob quietly but a few sobs mad it out of your mouth. Niall tried to pull the covers away but you held tight to them. You felt him get up and walk to the door.

“You’re still my princess, (Y/N).” with that, he shut the door and left you to your thoughts. Savannah walked in and cuddled up next to you. You sobbed some more until you finally couldn’t sob anymore.

You stayed in bed the rest of the day and Savannah had coaxed you into eating something. Savannah and you watched a movie and started to play a game when she spoke to you.

“He was really sorry.” You paused and then continued again.

“Right.” You really didn’t want to hear this.

“He started to cry on the way out of the room. He was fighting back tears when you wouldn't let him remove the covers. He cares about you and he knows what he did was wrong. If you love him back you wouldn’t act like this (Y/N)! You would march up to his room and ask for forgiveness.” Savannah was mad now and at you. You knew she was right anyways. You sighed and got up.

“I’ll be right back.” You said as you grabbed your hoodie and walked out of the suit. You had an idea where Niall’s room was at. It was somewhere on the top floor and you formulated a plan to figure out what room he was in.

When you reached the top floor and the elevator doors opened, you saw the same type carpeting and decorations your floor had. As you walked down to the end of the hall you heard a throat clear. You turned to see Zayn standing in an open door way. You could hear Liam and Louis playing Call of Duty in the background.

“Is Niall in there? I messed up and I want to apologize to him.” Zayn looked you up and down, and then rubbed the back of his neck.

“He came up here to grab his jacket and left. He said he needed inspiration. He looked really messed up.” Zayn said sounding tired.

“Do you know where?” You asked trying to figure out where Niall could have gone. Inspiration?

“No, the boys and I are starting to worry about him.” Zayn truly did love Niall like a brother. That’s when it hit you. You & I was inspired at that park by the water fountain. That must be where Niall was!

“I have to go. I think I know where he is.” You rushed to the elevator and went down to the lobby.

By the time you got to the park, it was raining harder than before. You had run all the way to the park and were out of breath, which made you stop for a few minutes.

As you neared the fountain, you saw a person standing near it. You realized it wasn’t Niall when you got close enough and your heart dropped. The person saw you and quickly walked away.

You sat down on the wet bench and held your face in your hands. Rain ran down your arms and back soaking you to the bone. You didn’t know where Niall was, you didn’t know how he felt about you, and you were afraid he would move on to another girl. You remembered his words clearly after that last thought.

You’re still my princess.

“You’re still my prince, Niall.” You whimpered into your hands. You felt empty inside. Granted, he did kiss the other girl, but you could have listened to him and tried to understand.

As your thoughts raced through your mind you didn’t notice that someone was holding an umbrella over you. You looked up and saw him standing there. He was soaked too and his eyes were red from crying. But yet Niall still look handsome.

“My princess will get sick if she doesn’t get dry.” Niall held out his arms and you got up to hug him. His embrace was what you have been wanting.