Camden

I woke up at 5 a.m, took a shower, threw on my black polo, grey fit jeans, black and grey Jordan's, and black snap back and grabbed my gym bag. I leaned into Austin's room.

"Hey you awake?" I whispered.

He groaned and sat up," I am now, why?"

"I'm about to go, Sammi's here to pick me up, I'll leave the keys on the kitchen counter." He nodded and I left.

"Alex?" I frowned and leaned into the kitchen.

"Hey momma," I said walking in.

She poured herself a cup of coffee and turned to me," where are you going so early?"

"A few girls from the team and I are running an early game, like a warm up." I told her," what about you, I thought you didn't have to leave until 7."

"Early surgery." She said simply.

"Okay, I'll see you at the game." I said kissing her cheek before leaving out.

I got in Sammi's car," about damn time Stratton." She said pulling off.

I chuckeld," sorry I was talking to my mom."

We pulled into the school parking lot and went to the field house. I changed into my shorts and tank top before joining the girls on the court.

"Alright guys, let's run this." Sammi said before we split into teams and started the game.

***

Playing against my own teammates was harder than I thought it would be. I knew they were good, obviously, but some of them were really good but never got to play during real games.

"Great game guys, see you later." I called to the team before leaving out.

I stopped in parking lot and pulled my phone out. I called up the cake bakery that Roxy suggested.

"Hi, I'd like to order a full, 2 sheet birthday cake." I said simply.

"Okay ma'am. What flavor batter?"

"Red velvet."

"What type of icing? We have buttercream, fondant, and whipped cream."

"Can I have fondant as a base, I guess, and whipped cream as like a border?" I asked.

"Yes. Would you like to customize the message? We charge 50 cents per letter."

"Oh um, yeah sure. I'd like it to say 'Happy Birthday to the Most Beautiful Girl in the World' and I'd like to send in a picture of her to be put on the cake."

"Okay that's fine. Is that all?"

"Yes ma'am it is."

"Your total is $162.50." She said.

I grimaced," alright, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Have a nice day ma'am."

I hung up and walked into the school and went to my locker.

"Hey," I looked over and saw Jess.

I smiled and pulled her into my side and kissed her cheek," hey."

She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

Frowning I asked," everything okay?"

She looked at me and sighed. I leaned against the lockers and grabbed her hands.