HeartBreak

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I groaned and sat up.

"Good morning," Drew said handing me a cup of water and pills.

I nodded in thanks and took the pills. I laid back and closed my eyes as the events of last night cleared up in my head.

I sat straight up," Jess." I said looking at Drew.

He sighed," Alex," he started but I stood up.

I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face, before changing.

"We have to go."

"Alex what about the team? And Ali, Austin, Roxy, Oliver, and,"

"Don't say her name." I said clenching my fists.

"Text everyone tell them we're leaving in 10." I said throwing my hair in a ponytail.

He stood up," and you can't because?"

"I lost my phone last night. Now let's stop procrastinating." I said walking out.

I went to the elevator and got in," hey." I said to the girl standing next to me.

"Hi," she said shyly.

The elevator dinged and I stepped out.

"Hey," the girl called, I stopped and turned to her," are you okay?"

I blinked," no, but hopefully I will be." I nodded.

"Oh. Okay." She said simply before I walked away.

Before leaving out I checked at the front desk just in case.

"Uh hi, I'd like to know if Jessica Osborne checked out already, if you're even allowed to tell me." I rushed.

I'm not sure if I sounded and looked as desperate as I felt but something caused the lady behind the desk to sigh.

"I'm not supposed to but, what was the name again."

"Jessica Osborne."

She typed something before looking at me," oddly enough she checked out late last night," she paused," now that I think about it, she waited in the lobby until a woman came to pick her up."

I nodded, said thank you, and headed to the parking garage.

I waited by Drew's car in the parking garage and a few minutes later my friends all came down.

"What's up?" Austin asked.

"I'll explain on the way we need to go." I told him.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Oliver.

"Hailey and I need to get home. But it was really good seeing you." He smiled.

I pulled him into a hug," you too man."

Hailey stepped forward and looked at me.

"It was good seeing you, Oliver, we'll talk later." I said before getting in the passenger seat.

I saw Hailey wipe at her eyes before turning away.

I don't blame Hailey, entirely. But the thought of her not saying anything when she knew. She claimed to want me to be happy yet allowed me to do what I did.

I hurt Jessica in a way that I could never take back. It would take almost forever for her to forgive me, if she decides to. I can't imagine the thought of ever losing her and now I'm the reason she's gone.