Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

I rolled down the street on my skateboard listening to twenty one pilots. I was looking for a skate park but couldn't find one so I just rode around.

I leaned to the right on my skateboard and turned around, making my way back home. I hopped off my skateboard and kicked it up into my hand before walking in the house.

Austin and my dad were playing NBA 2K16 in the living room and my mom and Alison were in the kitchen baking.

I closed the door and jogged upstairs to my room, but out the corner of my eye I saw my brother look at me. I kicked my skateboard to the corner and fell on my bed.

I kicked my shoes off and started reading on Wattpad.

I was reading a really good part of my book when all of a sudden Katrina's name popped up on the screen.

I sighed and declined the call before continuing to read.

"Lex?" Austin poked his head through my door.

I glanced at him and raised my eyebrows.

"Everything okay?" He asked stepping in.

I nodded and turned back to my book. Austin snatched my phone from my hand.

"The hell dude!" I exclaimed.

He sat on the edge of my bed," what's wrong?" He asked.

I frowned," nothing now give me my phone back before I kick your ass." I snapped.

He rolled his eyes," sure. Now what's wrong?"

I groaned," nothin man."

"You've been cooped up in here for two days. What's wrong?"

I sighed, defeated, and sat up, looking down at my hands," it's..." I paused.

Austin placed his hand on my knee," what?" He asked.

"I'm just nervous about tomorrow. We're starting all over. New friends, new school. I'm freaking out." I said.

He chuckled," you'll be fine Lex."

I shrugged," yeah maybe." I looked at him.

"Hey, you've always got Alison and I. There's nothing to be afraid of." He said.

I nodded," yeah," I smiled," yeah you're right." I said.

He nodded and patted my leg," now that you're out of your funk, come downstairs with us." He said handing my phone back.

I looked at my screen and saw I had messages from Katrina. I unlocked it and read them.

'You better have a damn good excuse for not answering.'- K

'Alex you asshole, I know you saw me calling.'-K

'Uggggh stop ignoring me d-bag.'- K

'I swear to god I'm gonna kill you.'- K

'Fine then fuck you.'- K

I chuckled and called her. It rang and rang but she didn't answer.

'Kat, I'm sorry I didn't answer.' I texted her.

No reply.

'Well, if you're ignoring me, that's fine I guess, just call me later or whatever.' I sent before pocketing my phone and going downstairs.

I jumped over the back of the couch and sat next to my dad.

"I got winner." I said watching them play 2K16.