Happy Birthday Austin

Today is April 16th which makes it 19 days since Jess and I broke up.

We're very cordial with each other. When we all hang out we try our best not to make things awkward for everyone.

Like right now. It's Austin's birthday. We went paint balling, then to Dairy Queen. His actual birthday party was to start in about an hour.

Almost my entire family had come for him. All three of my grandparents, four of my aunts and uncles including Zander and Pico's parents, and two more of my cousins. My mom and dad was throwing him a party in our back yard.

Simple really, my dad and uncle would barbecue. My mom and grandma made the cake. And everyone else helped with snacks and decorations.

"No, no, no, I won that last round." Drew said pointing at his chest.

I chuckled and shook my head," you lost." Jess and I said at the same time.

I looked in her eyes and she smiled widely. I cleared my throat awkwardly and ate some of my ice cream.

"Alex won for sure," Roxy nudged my arm.

I nodded with a small smile on my face. My phone buzzed and I took it out.

'Hey, I'm sorry, I miss you. Call me.' - H

I cleared the message and pocketed my phone. She had been contacting me a lot lately, apologizing, saying she missed me. I ignored it though, all of it.

Drew threw a napkin at me so I looked at him," as I was saying, I hope we're all invited to Austin's birthday bash.

"Of course you are," Ali said leaning on his shoulder.

He smiled and kissed her.

Once we finished our ice cream we left and made our way home. I went upstairs and changed into my black cargo shorts, white polo, black converse, and black SnapBack.

"Lookin good," Austin said leaning on the doorframe.

I chuckled and looked at him clad in grey cargo shorts, a red, grey, and white polo, and black nike high tops.

"You look good." I told him.

He nodded," so do you. Let's go." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we went downstairs.

We met Ali in the kitchen. She looked hood in her thigh length, pink and white sundress, and white strap wedges.

Austin wrapped his arm around her waist, kept his other around my shoulders and we went outside. Our family cheered as they saw Austin and everyone yelled happy birthday.

Ali kissed his cheek and I hugged him before we stepped off the porch. Everyone gathered around him exchanging hugs and kisses.

I stepped to the side and looked around the yard. There were black and red paper and plastic lanterns placed everywhere, some on trees, some floating in the pool. Tables were randomly placed around and there was a dance floor in the middle of everything, to the right of it was a DJ set up.

"Bambi!" Zander exclaimed walking over to me.

"Booger!" I threw my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

My cousins Pico, April, and Sean came over as well, Pico handing me a cup.

"Is this what I think it is?" I asked.

Austin and Ali joined us," Ron Ron juice."

"To Austin." We all said before knocking our cups together and drinking.