Exams pt. 1

*3 weeks later*

I sighed and poked Jess's cheek. She moved her head away and kept working. I poked her cheek again and she slapped my pencil away, it flew across the room. I grabbed her books, sat them aside, rolled her over and straddled her.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes," I'm trying to work Alex. Exams are on Tuesday."

"I know i.e. why they gave us today off. We've been studying in and out of school for two weeks, you can't tell me you're not in need of a break."

She chuckled," I'm in need of a coffee and some more studying."

I nodded, kissed her, jumped off her, and left.

"Alex where are you going?" She called.

"Coffee run." I called back.

I stepped into my converse at the door and put my SnapBack on. I dialed Drew's number as I got in my dad's truck and pulled off.

"Hey bestie, what ya doin?" I asked.

He groaned," save me! Alison won't give me attention. I've never had to compete with an Algebra book before."

"I'm on my way. I'm making a coffee run, Jess isn't giving me attention either." I told him.

He said okay and hung up. I drove to his house and blew the horn.

He came out the door and yelled something into the house before jogging to the car and getting in.

"Nice outfit," he said.

I was wearing black cargo shorts, a red polo, my black converse and a red diamond SnapBack.

"Thanks you too," I said noticing his similar outfit though his shorts were white, shirt light blue, shoes white, and hat white.

"So what coffee place we going to?" He asked as I pulled off.

I shrugged," don't know. I just needed to get out the house. Jess has been studying nonstop for two weeks. Like I get finals is a big part of our grade but at some point I think you need a break." I explained.

"Exactly, I tried explaining that to Ali but nope she'd rather read about the Matrix and Logarithms than go see a movie or grab something to eat." Drew said exasperatedly.

I pulled into the parking lot of a Starbucks and we got out," hope you don't mind but I'm going to drink mine here and take Jess her's after." I said stepping up to the counter.

"Fine by me." Drew said before we ordered.

Alright so the past three weeks have been great. As you can tell Jess and I are together and happy, when she isn't studying. We've been on a few dates, some doubles with Kat and Jordan or Drew and Ali.

My mom had been working a lot more lately and my dad seems a bit off but nothing far from his usual self. I spoke to Hailey once which ended on an okay note. We aren't where we use to be but I forgive her.

Austin is happily dating Imogen, and had long since forgotten about being with Roxy who is happily with Antonio.

"Hey losers," Kat said sitting at the table with me and Drew.