John Hersey High

My alarm went off and I got out of bed. I took a quick shower and threw on my black jeans, burgundy and white hoodie, and white Jordans.

I pulled on my burgundy diamond snapback and grabbed my things before jogging downstairs. My family was sitting around the kitchen eating and talking.

I frowned," how is it possible for me to wake up early and you guys are still down here before me." I said grabbing a plate, sitting, and eating.

"Cause early to you is like 10." Austin said pulling my hat down over my eyes.

I pushed his back," screw you."

"Language Alexandra." My mother said.

I rolled my eyes and sat my plate in the sink.

"Okay okay, lets go." I said to my mom.

She started washing the dishes," your father's coming too, we have to wait for him." She said.

I raised my eyebrows at my dad expectantly. He started walking in slow motion towards the stairs. I started pushing him and he chuckled before quickening his pace.

Shortly after he came downstairs pulling on a blazer. He had on jeans and a blue button up shirt. He looked good.

"Alright people let's go." I said walking towards the door.

"Why are you in such a rush?" My mom asked.

Alison spoke," she probably wants to see that Katrina girl."

"Who's Katrina?" My mom asked.

My dad threw his arm around my shoulders," leave her alone, Isabel and Alison." He said walking with me down the steps.

"Is she cute?" He whispered.

I chuckled," she's smokin." I told him.

He gave me a high five," that's my girl."

We got in the car and drove the short distance to the school.

"Please remember there are kids in class in here so keep it down." My mother said.

I rolled my eyes,"yes mother." We all said, including my father.

We walked into the school and I looked around at the white and orange lockers. There was a giant husky on the wall that read "John Hersey High Home of the Huskies."

My mom checked in with the secretary and before we knew it the principle came out.

"Hi, you must be Mr. and Mrs.Stratton." He said shaking both my parents hands." I'm Mr. Hersey." He said.

My dad frowned," this is your school?" He asked.

Mr. Hersey chuckled but shook his head," no, my fathers school. He owns it and I run it." He said proudly.

"You have a girls basketball team right?" I asked.

My mother glared at me," manners Alexandra."

"It's fine," Mr. Hersey said," and yes we do. I believe they're practicing now if you'd like to see." He said.

I nodded and he led us out the building and to the field house. The football field, sets of bleachers on both sides, was right next to it.

I heard the squeaking of shoes against the court and smiled.

"Our locker rooms are down the hall, our gym is to your left and the court is to your right." He said as he turned to the right.

I looked through the glass door to the gym. It looked pretty cool, weight machines, ellipticals, treadmills, TVs, all surrounded by mirrors, it was spacious.