Moving Day

I sighed as I looked around my room. Empty.

"You ready?" My twin sister, Alison asked, standing next to me.

I sighed and looked around. "I'm gonna miss this place." I said.

"Remember when Lacey, you, and I were having a beanie baby fight, and she hit you directly in the middle of the head?" She said laughing.

I rolled my eyes,"It wasn't even that funny." I chuckled a little. "But I do remember when Austin ran in and blasted you in the back with one." I said causing her to laugh.

"Girls let's go!" My dad called from downstairs.

I grabbed my book bag and Alison and I went downstairs.

My older brother Austin had taken the U-Haul and left approximately three hours before.

"Say your quick goodbyes and be in the car in five." My mom said, as she and my dad went to get in the car.

I turned to my two best friends, Hailey and Oliver, "I'm gonna miss you guys." I said hugging them.

"We're going to miss you more, Lex." He said, his voice laced with sincerity.

"Yeah, and we'll most definitely be coming to visit." Hailey said rolling her eyes.

I smiled and hugged them one last time. We all left the house, and Alison and I looked at it one last time before getting in the car.

*A Day Later*

"Alex, wake up." I stirred in my seat before opening my eyes.

I sat up and looked around. It didn't look too bad around here.

I got out of the car and looked up at our house. It wasn't as big as the last one but it was a nice house. It was white with a green roof.

I grabbed my book bag and walked inside.

"Alex, Alison, go find a room." My dad said, as he and my mom laid down on the couch.

Alison and I went upstairs and looked around. I ended up getting the room at the end of the hall.

My eyes widened as I walked in. It was pretty big, especially considering the size of my room at my old house.

The room was all white. It had a stage on the right wall and at the bottom of the stage was where the dressers were. There were steps led up to where the built-in bed frame was.

I nodded in approval, "Just wait. I'm gonna make this place awesome."

"Alex, Ali, come here." My dad called.

We both went down to him.

"I'm about to go to the hardware store. Would either of you like to come and get paint for your room?" He asked.

We both nodded, and we soon left. He drove for about twenty minutes before pulling into the parking lot of an ACE Hardware store.

We got out and went inside. My dad walked away, and Alison and I went to the the paint area.

I decided to go with a light grey color. I mean you could match just about anything with light grey. Alison picked up light grey and a mint blue color.