Chapter 6: Awful names

O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.(Quran)

Chapter 6:
Awful names

"What the hell was that 'Indian boy' doing in our compound?" Those words came from Hassan." Are you dating him? I suggest we did not instill those morals in you. Am so upset. I never thought you could do that. You were my pride but now. I fear that you may make me feel the worst man on earth."

"Wait, baba that is not what you think. Am just shocked. How could you think that of me? He is my boss and my car was missing so he offered to help me out. There is nothing like am dating him or anything of that sort. Rest be assured. I can never be the reason to make your head get buried in shame.

I am sorry father. Please don't misunderstand yesterday's incident it was just nothing important. And besides you always say that you will choose the man of my life." With those words tears stung Rima's eyes and she hurriedly locked herself in her room.

She was shocked. Her father's honour was the last thing she would toy with on earth. Immediately she left for her room Hassan felt it was necessary to pacify his daughter. Her words left him with solace since he knew that she would never go against his words.

She made her wudhuu and prayed two rakaa and started reading the Qur'an. It was a habit she had whenever she was upset,she would recite verses from the mus'haf and that would leave her with at most serenity and peace.

"Rima, open the door my dear. Am sorry" Hassan whispered softly as he knocked on the door.

She opened the door and there the father stood with a face full of guilt and he wore an apologetic look. Once she opened the door he hugged her tightly and kissed her on the forehead. He put his index finger on her lips and very softly the old man apologized to his princess. The father and daughter duo was quite cute at that sight.

"Ahem ahem!!am I missing something?" Amira interrupted the two. Both of them looked at her and the entire house echoed with their laughter.

                             ***

"OK baba am leaving for the office. I will take the scooty with me. Don't worry I have a lot to do but I will come very early in shaa Allah. Assalam Aleikum."She kissed his hand and dashed outside. The old man looked convinced with her words and he sipped his coffee very slowly.

"Assalam Aleikum, ms Ree please complete this project the end of the month. Its very important. Okay please do it quick." Iqbal greeted her as he handed her a file."First,my name is Rima and not Ree. Second waaleikum salaam I will try my level best Sir. Is it fine now?" She answered him confidently and as if eyed would kill she imagined throwing daggers at him and her cheeks had a red tinge. She was very furious but she managed to control her anger.

Iqbal got out of her cabin with a smirk on his face. He was so happy and his gesture was quite funny. He was very confident as if he had bagged world's largest project.

She worked on the project and promised to complete it after the third week. Before she left for work Iqbal came again. "Okay ms. Rima we have found your car. It was taken by one of our staff to the inner parking lot because they wanted to clean the entire area. You can collect it now." He briefed her and his eyes seemed to look at the window avoiding her glances.

Thanks. Mr.Iqqy it was so nice of you. I should get going. Assalam Aleikum" she excused herself and shouldered her handbag ready to leave.
"Hey did you just call me Iqqy?" He asked looking at her with a smile.
"Bye, the working hours are over see you tomorrow Mr Iqqy" she replied.

A permanent smile was left on his face as he watched her leave the place.

He was always smiling but her arrival carried some magic with her.
As he was living,her words echoed in his ears. Iqqy,that awful name still sounded sweet as she called it out.

Soon the day was over and the two had awful names which did not even make sense at all.

***

"Nailaaa..so you are coming home next month. We will have a blast. Wait and watch" Rima assured her Sissy.
She had prepared a lot for her and it was visible that she missed her terribly.

______________________________________
I am so happy that more people are reading this book.
May Allah reward you all for your votes and comments.
Let me know your Views about the this installment in Ree and Iqqy's lives;)

Share.vote.comment.