Chapter 30: Rhyming heartbeats

They (your wives) are a clothing (covering) for you and you too are a clothing (covering) for them." (2:187)

Chapter 30:
Rhyming heartbeats

The early morning sun was already well risen and the spring grass shone like it had its own gentle glow from within. The air felt refrigerated, that same coolness combined with moisture Iqbal always felt when he reached for the coffee cream. Though it was late enough for bright light, it was early enough for the streets to be almost deserted - perfection.

He looked at his sleeping wife,a smile found it's way to his lips. He planted a kiss on her forehead and just he was about to rise from the cozy bed,he felt a smooth grip on his arm. She was awake. She smiled to him and greeted him softly. She rose to the washroom to take a warm shower.

Dressed in a baby blue dress,she brushed her hair tying it in a bun. He wore a light pink kurta.

"Why did you wake up so early? You would have slept. Besides u were tired yesterday." He stated.

"Well it's not a must that the ones praying should be up early. I am habituated to this." She replied.

He sat on the prayer mat and started praying two rakaas of sunnah. She stared at him hugging her pillow tightly. She had started growing fond of him. The way he was. The type of person he was.

***

"Cmon get ready." Iqbal said as he was brushing his hair.
"And by the way you look fantastic,amazing and gorgeous." He complemented on her.
A rosy tinge flamed on her cheeks as she tried to grab the words in her mouth but she had a failed attempt. She swallowed a gulp trying to hide her shyness but it was too obvious.

He cupped her cheeks and blew a kiss reaching her lips. "Alhamdulillah for a wife who is my world." He uttered softly sending a cold sensation to her spine. She buried her head in his embrace as she whispered some words,"Jazakallah for completing half of my deen."

"Waanti for making me feel the happiest guy in the world. Your smile lightens up my darkened world." He uttered inhaling softly.

Acting cheesy wasn't her cup of tea but as soon as his shadow befell her she melted like the way ice melts when the sun shines on it.

"Anha tell me where to Mr. Hubby?" She questioned pinching his cheeks.

"Where love is made" he replied with a wink. She giggled at how cheesy her husband was thinking of his serious exterior. Such a mad guy,she laughed.

He drove her to a beautiful deserted place. Once her feet landed on the ground,flowers started showering on her. She was overwhelmed by the perfect timing. He held her hand close to his heart as they walked hand in hand smiling at one another.

He directed her to a table where she could have a beautiful view of the entire Karachi. It was awesome. The sunset,the sky and him. She couldn't help blushing and giggling like a fourteen year old girl.

"This is the place I dreamt of taking my wife. And it happened to be you. Look at the beautiful sky,the setting sun and.." Before he could complete,she interjected,"And you"

They interlocked their fingers and had a moment of their own. She kissed his forehead and got up from the table,walking slowly to a nearby tree she gazed at the huge tree and saw two doves.

He walked towards her wrapping her in his strong arms,"Ours will be more than theirs and if I happen to die,Just know that I will and have always loved you," he said pecking at the lips.

A tear dropped down her cheeks,turning towards him feeling all sentimental she hugged him tightly whispering,"I don't want to see that day of my life. I want us to stay up to our eighties and say 'we made it baby' please never even think of that. The thought of losing you Scares me to tears."

"And what a bad husband am I. I made my dearest wifey cry." He huffed.
"Hey don't say anything against my husband OK. He's the one in a million." She smirked at him.

They gazed at the beauty of the sunset,locked their hands and as if dancing to their heartbeats they held each other strongly,like nothing would do them apart.

***
"Let me teach you how to make round round rotis." Kauthar said smiling at the attempts of Rima's ordeal with the dough. She looked tired and weary from the failed attempts to make rotis for the family.

"Ammi,let her rest. She looks tired I assure you that I will teach her tomorrow." Aisha said patting at Rima's shoulders.

Aisha took the dough and started making the round rotis. She was so nice to her new sis in law.
Rima sat on the couch trying to pacify the crying Jamal who was getting cranky at the moment.

"Kids I tell you. My boy is such a drama queen. He makes me mad with his antics and tantrums. And when I scold him comes his super dad and guess what! They just make a complete fuss!!" Aisha huffed as she completed the chore.

Rima laughed at her and threw the crying Jamal in the air. The baby got all bubbly and started laughing. She had started to adjust in the family. Their way of cooking and she had also started learning new words from their language.
Strange was the way they expressed their love for each other since language had ceased being a barrier to them. After all,they only spoke one language. The language of love.

Iqbal came in famished and tired but as soon as he saw her,a smile found its place on his lips sweeping all tiredness and fatigue replacing them with love and mercy. He carried the baby who was bubbling upon seeing him and rocked him in his arms.

"My champ. Boys don't cry. Leave that to your phops and mom." He said as the infant blew bubbles of laughter. Aisha gave him a mean smile and squinted her eyes at him as if she would eat him up.

Rima helped her husband carrying the briefcase while the siblings started their rivalry without any signal.

"Looks like someone would like to have yesterday's left overs." Aisha scared him widening her eyes and smiling wickedly at him.

"I see you cooked the same plain food. That's why your husband always cries when you set your hands on food." Iqbal taunted her laughing hard at the red face of his sister.

"That's because he's a whimp. He's scared of spicy food. But worry not. Am there to spice up his blunt life." She said showing up attitude.

Rima looked at the two smiling at her own. She now had that one big family. Happiness,love,joy and enough of cutely overloaded family. She had more of what she had dreamt of. Truly when Allah gives you His bounties He doesn't limit you because He is Al- Wahhab. He bestows his bounties in unlimited packages and when sometimes small things are snatched from you,He gives you better things if only you practise patience and tranquility during the testing times.

****************************

      Salaam lovelies. Of late I was busy with life but I guess from today we are going to have a daily update if time allows.

    And sorry for the late update.😞

Love: maryam