Chapter 12: His will is better than our dreams.

Allah afflicts you with harm, no one can remove it except Him. If He desires good for you, no one can avert His favour. He bestows it on whichever of His slaves He wills. He is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful.(Yunus,107)

Chapter 12:

His will is better than our dreams.

The wedding was planned two weeks later. The house was flocked with relatives,friends and neighbours. The entire atmosphere was homely and nice. People talking about themselves and how they missed one another. Children playing in circles,the aunties cooking different meals,girls and their fashion talks but one person was left in the midst of all the noisy world around her.

This time it was not Rima,it was Naila herself. She was lost in thoughts. Her main concern was Rima. Rima's dreams weren't as fragile as others saw them. She knew that Rima was a fighter,someone she always admired because of her honesty.

"Ahem!!the bride is lost in her thoughts even before her Prince charming comes and takes her to the land of happily ever after. Come back to earth habibty." Rima teased as she snapped her fingers at Naila's face.

The look that she received from the bride was just sufficient to keep her mum. She was startled. It was not the same Naila any more. Red eyes,with a lot of hidden emotions,this side of her was rarely seen.

Away from all chaos,Naila grabbed her hand and the two started talking. Guilt was eating her happiness. It felt as if she was scavenging on her sister's future. She wanted to open up.

"Why did you to that Rima?You know that you are toying with fire which will obviously burn you down at the end of the day. You are wrong this time. Please don't make me feel guilty for the things you did for me."

"Oh what did I do this time?" She replied dramatically putting her hand on her chest.

"Stop these antics. They will not work this time. You clearly know what I mean but I want to hear it from your mouth."

"Well,some things are meant to be buried before the world can see them. Its not like I am playing a game or something. I know what am doing. I am no great monk or saint. So please don't make yourself guilty of anything. You deserve all the happiness in this world." She replied fighting back a stream of tears.

"But not at the cost of your happiness. I don't deserve all this." She said as a tear dropped down her cheek.

The two hugged as both broke into sobs and cries. "Allah will take care of everything. Rest be assured. Some things are meant to be at his control,besides all that happens happens by His will. Don't cry or else I will cry too" she consoled her sister as she rubbed off the tears from her cheeks.

****
"Mommyy, Ilyas wants ball. Pweese. Give him" Ilyas pleeded as his face wetted with tears. His cheeks as red as tomatoes and his eyes watery he wanted to play football with Amira.
"Baby,come to me let mommy rest. We will have ice cream today. Your favourite one. Chocolate ice cream."Rima said as she put her hands on his waist cuddling him with love and care.

"Illy loves ish leem. Thank you Rima. You are the best. Ilyas loves u." He said with a radiant smile on his face.
"First,you have to give me a lovely kiss and then we can talk.."but before she could complete her sentence, a kiss came flying to her cheek which made her laugh hysterically.

Kids- always had their charm on her. She loved kids but Ilyas was another case. She loved him together with the tantrums he was just a new definition of hope. Their innocence was somehow funny. But she could pour her heart to this innocent soul which knew nothing about the hidden darkness in her life apart from the rosy picture painted in her life as others thought.