//Jack Johnson//

Valentine's day.

"Hello?", by the voice I could already tell it was Jack. My best friend in the whole entire world.

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby", I smiled at the pet name. People thought of me as his girlfriend, but we're just best friends, sadly. "Happy Valentine's Day. Love you.".

"Love you,  I'm coming over later so we can be lonely together".

I chuckled.

"Okay, J".

"Bye".

"Bye".

I sighed knowing that the rest of the day would be me in leggings and one of Jack's sweatshirts... like every year. I changed into my planned outfit, sweatshirt and leggings with some fluffy slippers.

••••

5:00pm.

The doorbell rang as I walked over from the couch and looked out from the peep hole. Jack. I smiled opening the door, he smiled back looking down from his phone.

"H-happy Valentine's Day", he said with his new haircut, sweatshirt, and joggers. "These are for you", he handed me a bouquet of peonies flowers.

"My favorite, thank you".

"Now, if you could close your eyes and follow me, I have a surprise".

"Better not kill me".

"I won't", I walked out of my apartment and closed my eyes as Johnson's arms slithered around my waist, guiding me. "Okay, we're stepping in the elevator".

"Okay?", about a couple minutes later I heard the doors open, a breeze lightly hitting me. "Open".

I opened my eyes to see a blanket and pillows out on the terrace that was recently renewed. "This is beautiful".

"Um, y/n?".

"Yes?".

"Okay, I'm not good with words, but I love you so much, more than just a best friend. Be mine on today's Valentine's day".

"Yes", he smiled engulfing me in a hug as I hugged him back.

"Happy Valentine's Day".

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby".