28- Home Sweet Home

‘welcome home Luna, Alpha’

I fought the urge to just run and hug the rest of the pack the minute I stepped out of the car with Deirdre in my arms. Jake and I just got back from the Cullens after talking to Carlisle about what happened and how we need to strengthen the security to make sure that Nessie and Deirdre are protected no matter what. We also agreed on coming there for visits so that the girls can see and play with each other, with Bella being a vampire now she cant just come on the reservation as much as she can and she would also be quite busy being a mother and a wife, and I would also have my duties as a luna, a new mommy and a wife to my alpha who promised to be spend more time at home right after his alpha duties.

‘I missed you guys!’ I whispered as Leah and Kim hugged me and cooed over a sleeping Deirdre who has been sleeping since we left the Cullens a couple of minutes ago ‘meet our lil angel…Deirdre’ I added as I showed to them the sleeping angel in my arms.

‘omg she’s so cute!!’ Kim whispered ‘we’re glad you’re safe and well…’

Leah smiled and nodded ‘but we’re sure you need to rest, you look so tired and alpha’s waiting for you. We’ll come by tomorrow for a visit’

I smiled and nodded ‘see you girls tomorrow and bring the rest of the guys over, it would be a small reunion for all of us.’

I heard Jake groan from behind us and the snickers of the guys as they heard me say those words, Seth was grinning at me sheepishly, his eyes were looking at me and back to my sleeping daughter. It wouldn’t take a genius to know what was happening and a part of me is relieved knowing if he really does imprint on our daughter she will be well taken care of for Seth was fiercely loyal and very loving. I smiled at him and motioned for him to carry Deirdre. He blushed and shook his head hearing Jake’s soft growl beside him.

‘jake…quit scaring Seth, he deserves this moment, after all he did help me in giving birth’ I told Jake as I walked towards the guys ‘here Seth, hold her for me for a while’

Jake sighed but gave in as he pulled me close to him ‘drop her and you’re dead meat Seth’

‘but Winter, I mean Luna I don’t know how to carry her’ Seth said panicking while I held Deirdre close to him so he could carry her for a little while.

‘it will come in naturally and I trust you with her like she would trust you with her life…’ I whispered for him and for Jacob ‘I know what’s going on and I’m happy about it.’

It was pure bliss the minute he held Deirdre in his arms and the rest of the pack surrounded him and cooed at Deirdre, I knew then she would be very much loved and protected and that somehow eased my worry about the Volturri coming and taking her away from us. Despite the fact that we were now home I still cant help but think of the danger our family is in.

‘babe, Winter…please relax and let me help, let me protect you, Deirdre, the tribe and our family. You shouldn’t worry too much anymore’ Jake whispered as he hugged me ‘I don’t want you to look so hopeless and scared, I’m here, let me be there for you.’

I smiled and touched his cheek and after hearing him say those words made my heart melt, how can I not see my husband in a different light after that? And how can I forget that in this journey I am never alone and Jake would always have my back no matter what happens, and seeing how determined he is to protect us I know I am indeed a very lucky lady.

‘I love you hubby and thanks for putting my mind at ease…I’m so lucky to have you.’ I told him and pulled him in for a kiss ‘looks like our Seth is taken with our lil princess isn’t he?’ I added as I motioned to a still grinning Seth as he showed Deirdre off to the rest of the pack and they all seem to be taken with her.