7-Midnight Visitor

‘do you need help in the kitchen leah?’

I called out as i was looking at quil and embry playing cards and since i dont know a thing about cards i decided to walk towards the kitchen where leah was slicing some potatoes. I was declared banned from the kitchen since it was my graduation party and i should relax after all those years in high school...that was actually jake’s lame idea after he, seth, sam and paul left for patrol. The adults were relaxing in the black’s gorgeous backyard, i could hear my dad’s laugh as he was talking to billy and a few other elders from the tribe...the sound of his laugh was comfort to me and i will hold on to do that for as long as i can...for as long as we can have bella with us i will remember his laugh. I know it wouldnt be that long til bella becomes a vampire...somehow even the pack knows that but because they all know that the cullens never meant anyone harm i know we will all continue to live peacefully.

I sighed as i took the seat in front of Leah and i started to peel potatoes and looking outside.

‘you know jake could hear your sighs from way out there. You’re supposed to be happy tonight’ she said

‘i know he can...but i wish he cant. I am happy and thankful for everything else but i cant help but miss my sister.’

‘i understand but you do know you wont really lose her...just a change of last names and address, you wont be sleeping in the same house or eat meals together but whatever happens she will always be your twin. She’s just getting married and you know...’

I giggled and nodded ‘how’d you get to touchy feely lately...its like you’re different. Are you like an alien or something? And what did you do to our leah??’

She laughed and threw a potato cube at me ‘you’re gross and i dont believe in aliens, lets just say im more at peace with myself. I still cant bring to look at emily or sam but i’ve come to terms with it.’

‘you’re one brave girl leah clearwater...and for that you deserve a drink’ i told her ‘are we telling the guys to start grilling now?’

She nodded and handed me 2 trays of meat and i knew there were more. I walked towards the open patio and found embry and quil still concentrating on their card game, but quil looked up and rushed to assist me with the heavy trays.

‘gosh those trays will be the end of me...there’s more by the way in the kitchen and our chef said to start grilling.’ I told them before rushing back to the kitchen and colliding with kim as she handed me 2 bags filled with drinks. ‘uhh who’s getting drunk?’

She giggled and pointed to the adults outside ‘there’s more in my trunk embry can you help me with those bags?’

Embry grinned and hugged my waist as he ruffled kim’s hair ‘alright ladies...let the macho guy handle all the heavy lifting’

Both kim and i rolled our eyes as we went back inside the kitchen to help leah out.

‘hey kimmie you’re back! Jared's out on patrol with Jake, Paul and Sam..they’ll be back soon.’

Kim nodded and sighed as she took out a bottled water from inside the black’s beautifully decorated kitchen. It was all very modern and state of the art, even their huge fridge didnt seem to be out of place in this lovely kitchen. I decided to make the sauce for our seafood marinara when i heard kim sigh again, both leah and i turned to look at her worried face.

‘you ok?’ i asked

She smiled and nodded but worry was still visible in her pretty face ‘i’ve just been having these eerie feelings lately...especially at night. I dont want to creep you guys out especially you winter but i was passing your house on the way home.’