38- Alec

a/n: a short update...currently working on the last few chapters :) again thank you to my wonderful readers!

*Alec’s Pov*

I watch her as she was silently cuddling her daughter…and it took all of my will power not to walk in the middle of their camp and take what’s mine. If that bastard dog didn’t imprint on my mate I wouldn’t be this walking failure that I am now. She was mine…mine since the day I first laid eyes on her when she was but a toddler wandering around their front yard, the minute she looked at me and smiled she was mine. I have watched her grow…grow into a beautiful teen who didn’t have a care in the world and who was as vibrant and beautiful as the first ray of sunlight. To everyone who can see me…I’m a creature of the night, a nameless savage who drinks blood but whenever I remember how she looked at me and smiled that beautiful toothless smile I know I am worth more than that. Not even my sister nor the Volturri can stop me from taking what was rightfully mine. I can save her…I know that. Save her from a lifetime of despair if only…if only she agrees to be with me but being the stubborn brat that she is she fell in love with someone else and for someone who knew that his heart had stop beating a long time ago the minute I felt the pain I welcomed it. And as the pain continued every damn time I see her with her imprint I pursued her relentlessly only to have her throw my love and my proposal every damn time and now as I watch her cling on to that little hope they have with the confrontation with the Volturri I know I have to save her. I don’t really care about the rest of her so called family…and right now I would do everything I can to take her away from here, make her forget this wretched life that she’s in and have her start a new with me.

Who would’ve thought that a powerful vampire such as I am would stoop this low just to get his mate, most of the vampires in our coven didn’t need a mate I was the odd one out for I know I need this beautiful lady…for she is my salvation. The only reason why I keep coming here…though I hardly make my presence known it was enough for me to see her, to watch her as she sleeps. I feed on her fear and her disdain…the more she hates me the more I want to make her mine.

Tonight…tonight she would be mine and no one can stop me, not even her husband for she belongs with me and not with him.  Nothing and nothing could ever change what was destined from the beginning…not even the love she have for her husband and for that bastard child of hers. I sat on the branch waiting…I have been very patient with her…waiting on the sidelines for as long as I could but tonight I couldn’t wait anymore. I’ll take her…have her and no one is going to stop me from doing that.

**

The timing couldn’t be more perfect…the vampires had left to hunt and she was left unguarded as soon as the last of the remaining shifters guarded the nearby perimeter. I took that chance to stand close to her tent and called out for her name it didn’t take her long to step outside of her tent and look at me in disbelief.

‘what the hell are you doing here volturri? You’re not wanted here…’ she hissed and shook her head.

‘you’ll come with me if you want your girls to live…’

She stopped walking and looked at me ‘you wouldn’t…I can kill you right now but I don’t want my hands to be stained with your blood. So leave…’

I laughed and grabbed her arm she winced but looked at me with an inner strength I have always admired.

‘you belong with me and you know that. I cant let you be with that dog, now come with me if you want your family to see another day.’

‘how can I trust you?’ she asked.

‘you know you’ve been thinking about coming to me just to save your precious family, I’m here to give you what you want. You’re my mate…mine. I have shared you with that dog long enough.’ I told her as I held out my hand and waited for her to take it.

She stared at it and shook her head ‘leave now Alec…or my husband will kill you, as much as I want him to do that. We’re no monsters.’

 She whispered and walked back inside their tent but before she could do that I grabbed her arm and pulled her close to me, she struggled for a bit but when she heard her daughter whimper inside she stopped and looked at me in disdain…it was the last thing I want from her but I’ll have her anyway I want her.

‘don’t you dare use my daughter for your plans Alec…let me go and I’ll forget this.’

‘why cant you see that you belong to me Winter…you were made for me the minute you were born. I watched you grow…blossom into the beautiful woman that you are until that dog took you away from me.’ I hissed at her ‘come with me if you want your family to live.’

‘like I said I am not leaving them for you!’

‘you want to know what the Volturri plans for all of you tomorrow? Well let me tell you my dear mate…they don’t plan to talk, they have no plans of talking…they plan to destroy. Now tell me does your precious family have a chance in winning? No.’

She sighed and closed her eyes ‘you’re lying…’

‘to you I maybe a monster but I have no plans of lying to my mate. Come with me and you can talk to the Volturri. They plan to kill your family in Ireland and only you can stop them.’

‘assholes…’ she said and sighed again ‘let me say goodbye to my daughter and I’ll come with you…take me to that bastard…’

I smiled and gave in to what she wanted…finally my mate is in my arms and nothing will stop me from having her.