Chapter 33 - Lucky Lady

Troye's POV

"So, who's the lucky lady?"
Tyde sat, the smile fading off his face.
"I'm so sorry, Troye," Tyde said softly
I walked to my bed and took a seat next to him.
"What?"
"I just- I'm sorry."
He stood quickly to leave my room.
"Tyde, wait," I said, grabbing his arm. "What's going on with you?"
"It's nothing, Troye."
"It's not nothing! You've barely talked to me since I got home, you won't look me in the eye, and you keep acting like you're hiding something. The only time you've talked to me for more than a minute was in that video."
"I said sorry."
"You can trust me. You know that."
"I know."
I sat and Tyde stood quietly.
"Does it have to do with the girl you're texting?" I asked, calmly.
"Kind of."
"How? Do you think I wouldn't want you to date her or something?"
"Yeah, I guess."
"Well, whoever she is, I'm sure she's wonderful."
Tyde nodded and walked to his room. I should try to figure out what was going on with Tyde and I had a feeling I wasn't going to like it.

Tyler's POV

The next day, I decided to Skype Troye. He answered almost immediately.
"Hey, do you have time to talk?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said, distractedly.
"Sawyer isn't helping Jenna."
"How do you know?"
"Oh, come on. We both know how bad of a liar Sawyer is," I said, laughing slightly.
"True," Troye agreed. "But who else would it be?"
I ran my hand through my fading, violet-blond hair.
We both sat deeply in thought. I looked up and Troye sighed.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing."
"Tell me," I persuaded.
"It's just that I think Tyde's hiding something from me. We used to be so close and now he's not talking to me and I don't know why."
"I'm sure it's nothing you did."
"Well, he said it was because of a girl he's dating that I 'wouldn't approve of'."
"Who's the girl?"
"I don't know."
The phone at Tyler's rang in the background, so we ended the call and I went onto my social media.

It was late and the house was quiet, but I sat for hours until my mind drifted back to Jenna.
Suddenly, I stood. I opened the door to my room and then the one to Tyde's. Always a heavy sleeper, I wasn't worried that he would wake up. I walked over to his nightstand and picked up his phone. Unlocking it with the password Tyde and I always used, I clicked on the Messages app. I took a breath and clicked on the most recent conversation. Cute messages displayed and I scrolled up until I came to less recent ones. I gasped and Tyde's eyes opened.
"Troye," he said, surprised.
I shook my head at him and opened my mouth to speak.
Tyde had taken in his surroundings and sat up, turning on his light.
"Troye, it's not what it looks like."
"Really? Not what it looks like? I think it's exactly what it looks like," I shouted angrily before going downstairs and getting into my car. I quickly pulled out of our driveway and began to randomly circle the streets.
I still had Tyde's phone and I threw it onto the seat next to me. It all made sense now.
I thought of the day Jenna had last called me. Tyde had waited ten minutes before bringing me the phone.
It all made sense now.
How Jenna knew where I was. What I was doing.
How she knew Tyler and I broke up.
Why Tyde wasn't able to look me in the eye.
Why he knew I wouldn't approve of his new girlfriend.
I pulled over and started taking deep breaths. When I was calm, I picked up my phone and clicked Tyler's contact.

Tyler's POV

I was still dazed and bewildered from the phone call I'd received earlier. I'd have to Skype Troye when it was morning in Australia. A sudden noise made me jump.
My computer was ringing with a Skype call. I glanced at the screen and saw it was Troye. It would be three in the morning in Australia! Concerned and confused, I clicked accept.
"Troye?" It was dark and I could barely see his face. "Are you okay?"
"Tyler, I know who it is."
"Who what is? Where are you?"
"Who is telling Jenna everything!"
"Who?" I said, curious. He took a breath and began to cry. "Troye, calm down," I soothed.
"It- it's TYDE!"
"What?!"
"He- he's da-dating Jenna."
__________________________
*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
I know this was short, but it's full of information so. I know a lot of you wanted it to be Sawyer, but I thought I'd throw in some sibling rivalry. I get my ideas from previous fanfiction a I've read so I'm sorry... I read some messed up stuff... What do you think? Did anyone catch on?
COMMENT, READ, VOTE! <3 ily
__________________________