Chapter 25 - Hidden

Tyler's POV

After laying in bed thinking about last night, I finally made myself get up. I slipped away so as not to wake Troye and hopped into the shower. I took a rather long shower, lost in thought about what had occurred and what would change. I was worried to face Troye again.

I stepped out if the shower. Throwing on my favorite shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, I set about on doing my hair. Walking out of the bathroom feeling refreshed, I heard soft talking down the hall. I walked into the bedroom and saw that Troye wasn't there. I then walked into the kitchen, stomach grumbling. Troye was sitting at the table with his head down. My mom sat opposite to him with her hand on Troye's shoulder.

"Um," I said, worried.

My mom looked up and Troye froze.

"I think you should sit, Tyler," my mom answered.

"Is everything okay?" I said, sitting next to Troye. Now I saw that he had tears running down his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly.

He finally looked at me and whispered so quietly that I almost didn't hear him, "Is it true?"

Confused, I looked at my mom. "What?"

"I- I told him about what happened about 6 years ago," my mom explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly, praying she didn't mean what I thought she did.

"About... The bulimia. And the depression. And-" she paused but I didn't interrupt.

"And about the suicide attempt," she finished.

I sat, uncomfortable. "Oh."

Troye leaned in, hugging me tightly.

"It's true, isn't it?" Troye whispered.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, hugging him back.

"Why would you tell him?" I asked my mom.

"I thought he knew," she said, clearly sensing my anger.

Soon, she stood up and went to her room, leaving me with Troye.

"Why didn't you tell me," Troye said, having wiped his eyes and nose.

"I- I don't know. I'm past that now."

We sat, hugging until finally he pulled away.

"Tyler?"

"Yeah?"

"I still love you." Troye leaned in, lightly kissing my lips before standing to finish getting ready.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

Troye's POV

I think I always knew Tyler was hiding a part of his past from me. I guess we had more in common than I thought. Something Jackie said stuck in my mind even now. She had explained that Tyler recovered me the way she would recover him when he would pass out. Tyler saved my life.

I walked into the kitchen when my hair was done. Tyler was cooking some macaroni. I went up behind him and hugged him, kissing his neck.

"Hey, Troye."

I placed my hands on his stomach, and felt it grumble. Laughing, I finally let go.

"You gonna share?" I asked.

"Oh, I guess," Tyler smirked.

His mom came in and we made small talk until the food was done.

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow!" I exclaimed.

"Well, that's not nearly as big as you and Tyler going to Australia tomorrow!"

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited."

"Have you started packing Tyler?" Jackie asked.

"Hm?" Tyler answered.

"Have you packed for tomorrow?"

"Oh," he said, suprised. "No! I should."

"I'll help you after we eat," I said smiling.

"Okay," he answered, bringing over two bowls of food. "I'm going to go start that now."

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm not hungry."

He left as soon as he had served us.

"Something seemed weird with him," I wondered aloud to Jackie. I ate a bit before going to Tyler's room.

"Hey," I said, opening the door. Tyler sat on the bed with an open suitcase on the floor. He smiled as I entered while continuing to go through his clothes.

"Tyler," I said, sitting down. He didn't look up.

"Why didn't you eat?"

"I'm not hungry. No biggie. I'll have a big dinner."

"No you won't." I replied.

He looked up, confused.

"Tyler, I felt your stomach grumble. I know your hungry. So why didn't you eat?"

"I can't eat when I'm upset."

"Why are you upset?"

"Because you know now."

Oh. "I still love you. I do. I never stopped."

He sat quietly.

"Do- do you love me?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I do," Tyler said.

Smiling, I kissed him. "Then stop worrying so much, Kay?"

He nodded. We finished packing his bag. Maybe he wasn't who everyone thought he was. Maybe he still kept a part of himself... Hidden.

Tyler's POV

I finished packing and headed to my mom's room.

"Mom?" I said quietly, opening the door.

"Hey Tyler. What's up?"

"I need some advice."

"Anything. Here sit." She patted the bed and I sat next to her.

"It's just- well. Troye said he loves me and I loved him, but ever since I was in the hospital, I don't feel the same."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know if I love him back."

___________________________

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

So, yeah. Don't hate me. :p it's hard to update because I don't have a lot of time to write, but I'm trying. Tomorrow they leave for Australia!! :) I'll try to write fast!

___________________________