Chapter 62 - Nala

Troye's POV

I led Tyler into the room and opened the box carefully. In it was a small black pug, curled up and shaking. I stared in shock, before petting it for several minutes. After the dog appeared to have calmed down, I lifted it out of the box and showed Tyler, who had, at this point, collapsed on the bed.
"Oh, my God!" he exclaimed excitedly.
"Shush," I scolded. Animals weren't allowed in this hotel. "What do we do?"
"I don't know." Tyler looked at me helplessly.
The dog squirmed in my arms, so I put it down on the floor.
"Well," Tyler giggled, "she's a girl."
"Ty, we have a dog in our room."
"I know, isn't she precious?" Tyler lifted her onto the bed and she cuddled his leg, swiftly walking over to his pillow, squatting, and peeing.
"Shit," Tyler groaned. "Bad," he pouted to the puppy.
"It's fine," I said, "we'll call room service."
"Yeah, great idea," Tyler said sarcastically. "Hey, sorry, but a dog's pee on my pillow. Yes, I know dogs aren't allowed. No, it's not mine. In fact, it could be sick or lost."
"We'll say you did it," I joked playfully.
Tyler considered this and nodded approvingly. "Better than the first idea."
We called room service and explained our fake situation. Within ten minutes, a knock sounded on our door.
"Wait," I said. "You have to hide the dog."
"Where?"
"I don't know," I said, exasperated.
"Bathroom?"
"Fine, just go," I pushed him and the puppy towards the bathroom and opened the door. "Hey," I smiled apologetically towards the janitor. "I'm so sorry for this. My friend was just a bit, uh, drunk."
A small crash sounded from the bathroom and I mentally killed Tyler.
"Uh, he's just being sick."
The man nodded, bored, and quickly cleaned up the dog's mess.
As soon as he left, I opened the door to the bathroom. There were several bottles on the floor and a bunch of toilet paper strewn about.
Tyler smiled meekly up at me and held the dog close. "Look, we bonded."
I picked up the dog and put her on the floor, petting her for a moment before pulling Tyler out of the room and closing the door.
"Troye! You can't leave her there alone!" Tyler scolded me.
"Just for a minute," I explained. "What do we do?"
"We can keep it here?" Tyler suggested. "Just until tomorrow. Please?"
"Fine," I gave in.
Tyler ran to the bathroom door and let the dog out, and she began to run around the room excitedly.
"What do we call her?" I asked Tyler, who was in awe over the young pug.
He considered the question before grinning and replying, "Nala, like from the Lion King! Because she's so determined," he added.
At this, we both admired her efforts, and failure, to get onto the tall bed. I walked over and carried her up to the bed before agreeing. "I like it."
"Nala! Aren't you so pretty?" Tyler cooed at the dog. In response, Nala stuck her butt in the air and barked.
I sighed and reached into my pocket to grab my phone, instinctively dialing Zoe's number.
"Hey," she greeted.
"Hey, Zoe. You and Alfie should come to our room tomorrow morning," I said, noting it was getting late.
"Totally," there was a pause and she added, "why?"
I stole a glance at Tyler who was watching me intently.
"I have a surprise," I giggled. Before she could respond, I hung up.

Author's Note
I just want to warn you guys that this story will be ending for good soon. It's had its run, and it was a good one, but it's just done now. It will likely be a few more chapters, but be prepared.
I love you all.
-Connor