Chapter 63 - The Wedding Gift

Happy Valentine's Day, you crazy kids. I hope you all are spending time with someone you love (a friend, a boyfriend/girlfriend, a family, a cute animal, etc). This chapter is dedicated to Madison (MadisonAriel), on behalf of Hannah (also MadisonAriel?). Happy anniversary a little bit early :)

Tyler's POV

I woke up with a start, something moving against my arm.
"Troye, stop," I mumbled, pulling my arm away. When the thing scratched my arm, I jumped across the bed, hitting Troye and realizing that it was Nala.
"Tyler," Troye wrapped an arm protectively around my waist. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah," I breathed heavily, "Nala was scratching my arm."
"Maybe she needs to use the bathroom," Troye suggested.
"I think it's a little late for that," I said, recognizing the disgusting smell in the room.
"Oh, great," Troye groaned, holding his hand over his nose.
I turned on the light, at a loss for words as I took in the room, which was in shambles.
"Oh."
Troye rolled out of bed lazily, picked up Nala, put her on the bathroom floor and closed the door. He climbed back into bed and I stared at him.
"What if she gets lonely?"
"It's only until morning," he grumbled. "This is how we house train all out dogs."
I grabbed my pillow. "I'll sleep in the bathroom with her, then," I pouted.
Troye either didn't hear me or didn't think I would actually do it because he didn't respond.
I walked into the bathroom and lay down, as Nala jumped playfully in the shower area.
"Tyler," Troye complained sleepily and opened the door. "If she pees you have to clean it up."
He pulled me up and we climbed into bed. Nala snuggled between us and the three of us slept contently for the next few hours.
I woke up and Troye was on his laptop next to me. When I noticed the spotless room, I wondered how long he'd been up.
"What happened to the room?" I asked.
He smiled. "I love your morning voice, and I cleaned it up."
"You're amazing," I kissed his lips softly and quickly got dressed and ready.
A knock on the door sounded as I walked past. I opened it to see Zoe and Alfie standing there.
"Hey, Ty! I hope this is an okay time," Alfie said politely.
Troye was at my side instantly and ushered them in.
"So, what's up, Troye?" Zoe looked around our room, until she saw Nala on our pillow. "Is that a puppy?"
"Yeah, her name is Nala," Troye said, explaining our situation. Both Alfie and Zoe cuddled her as Troye talked.
After a short conversation, I spoke up.
"We want you guys to have him," I stated. Troye looked at me, surprised. He assumed I wanted to keep Nala, but I couldn't have her at my apartment. "Troye and I can't keep her, and you guys would give her a good home. If you want her, I mean."
"Of course we do," Zoe picked up Nala and hugged her tightly.
Troye smiled at me and pecked my lips lightly. "Think of it as a really late wedding gift," he joked.
I grinned as I watched our friends and they adored the new addition to their family.

Author's Note
The next chapter will be a third person POV epilogue. When that goes out, so will the first chapter of my phanfiction, which I am so excited to finally share with you guys.
I love you all, and please enjoy the end of this story. :)
-Connor