Chapter 24 - Trust

___________________________
*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
So, I am very mad right now. I've already written this chapter and published it but the site deleted it for no reason right before it uploaded. I am very upset. I'm sorry for it being late, but now you know why.
___________________________

Troye's POV

I woke up and rolled out of bed. I could hear soft voices in the kitchen so I got dressed and combed my hair. My stomach grumbled so I walked towards the voices.
Tyler was sitting across from his mom, Jackie, at the table.
"Hey," I said, sitting next to Tyler.
"Hey," they answered.
"We were just talking about the hospital visit," Tyler explained.
"Oh," I said. I was so worried about him that day.
"Hey," Tyler said, sensing that I was uncomfortable. "How about Troye and I make you lunch, Mom?"
"Oh, alright," Jackie said. "I'll be in the living room watching my shows!"
She left the kitchen and me and Tyler tried to decide what to make.
"How about potatoes?" I asked.
Tyler nodded and we set about gathering ingredients. While Tyler got the water boiling, I cut the potatoes.
When he put the pot on the stove, Tyler turned to look at me.
"What?" I asked, smiling and looking up.
"Here," he said, motioning for me to hand him the knife I was using.
I gave it to him and asked, "okay, why?"
"I can cut the potatoes for you," he replied, moving to take my place.
"No," I said. "I can do it."
Tyler looked at me and I saw his eyes. Full of pity.
Sighing, he put the knife down on the counter. Behind him. Away from me.
"You don't trust me! You think I'm going to cut again!"
"Troye-"
"No! I'm not a child. I'm not stupid."
"I'm just trying to help," Tyler said, his voice even.
"I don't need your help! I never asked for it, did I?"
I didn't wait for him to answer. I stormed out the door, slamming it behind me. I began to run.

Tyler's POV

I looked at the place where Troye had stood. I wasn't trying to be overprotective, just safe. Mom came in.
"Is Troye okay?" She asked, looking worried. I began to explain what happened.
"Troye... Cuts?"
"Yeah," I said solemnly.
"Well," she said, "you better go find him. He needs you."
"No. I'm done. If he wants to leave, let him."
"Tyler, you know that's not the right thing to do."
"He'll come back," I said, not ready to face him yet.
"Tyler..." Mom warned.
"Look, he said he didn't want my help okay?" I snapped. I went to my room and sat on my bed.
"What have I done," I whispered. The bed was still unmade from Troye's late morning. I felt a lump rise in my throat as I fell back and cried into Troye's pillow.

Troye's POV

I kept running until finally I let myself collapse on to a bench. As soon as I did, I began to cry. I was already out of breath from running for over an hour. As I struggled to catch my breath, I pulled my knees to my chest. Shaking, I rested my forehead on my knees and watched each tear soak into my jeans. Staying there for about 15 minutes, I began to feel it. The cold seeped into my body and I shivered. I hadn't grabbed a jacket.
"Tyler," I whispered, tears running down my face.
I looked around. I suddenly realized that I had no idea where I was. No buildings looked familiar. Sitting back, I thought of Tyler.
"He doesn't care. He didn't come after you. He wasn't upset when you yelled at him. You're just his pity case," I thought. I knew I was right, but I didn't know what to do. Reaching to find my phone, I knew I had to call him. However, I found no phone. Where was it?

Tyler's POV

Troye had left nearly two hours ago and I was starting to get worried. I went into the kitchen where my mom was preparing some dinner.
I could tell she sensed my presence.
"What do I do?" I asked quietly.
"Call him?" she suggested.
I grabbed my phone and dialed the number I knew by heart. I heard a ring from our room. He didn't have his phone. Silent tears came again and my mom sat me down.
"Tyler, Troye is in a place that he doesn't know very well. He might be lost. He's cold and hungry and tired. Go find him."
I grabbed a coat and my phone and headed out. It was starting to get dark and every minute that passed introduced a new worry.

Troye's POV

I was cold. I was starving. I was tired. I was confused. I was lost. I was scared. I was alone. As I sat curled on the bench, a woman came up to me.
"Hon, are you alright?"
I wiped my eyes and breathed in, gathering my voice.
"No, I- I'm not."
"What happened?" she wondered, crouching to my level.
"Well I got in a fight with my boyfriend and stormed out and I forgot my phone or a jacket and I'm starving and I don't know my way around America because I'm from Australia and I'm confused and I need help," I rambled.
"Oh," she replied, standing up.
"I'm sorry... Can I borrow your phone?"
"Um," she said awkwardly. "I don't help queers." Then, she walked quickly away.
New, hot tears stung my eyes.
"Tyler," I whispered as I had before. "I need you. I love you."

Tyler's POV

I walked down the street calling for Troye. God, what if he never wanted to see me again. Soon, it was nearly completely dark and I had been walking for over an hour. When I came to a bench, I sat down. Pulling my knees to my chest, I began to cry. I couldn't lose Troye. Not now.
"Tyler?" I heard.
It couldn't be. Looking up and wiping my eyes, I replied, "yes?"
"Troye!" I shouted when I saw the voice.
I ran to him and held him against my body.
"You're freezing," I said, as he shook in my arms. Placing my jacket around him, Troye began to cry into my shoulder.
"Hey, it's okay," I soothed.
"I'm so-so sorry," Troye said.
"You did nothing wrong," I answered.
Troye soon stopped shaking.
"I was so scared. You mean a lot to me. You mean everything to me. Troye, I have to tell you something."
"What?"
"I love you. I need you."
I leaned in kissing Troye, and we stood in the dark hugging and holding each other.
Troye suddenly collapsed to the ground, unconscious.
"TROYE!"
I picked him up, and carried him to the bench. I laid him down gently. I dialed home.
"Tyler?" Mom answered.
"Mom, Troye's fainted and I don't know what to do!"
"How far away are you?"
"Like a hour's walk!"
"Okay, where are you?"
"On south central boulevard."
"Okay. Do you have any water with you?"
"Um, yeah. The water bottle you said to bring."
"Perfect. I need you to do something for me."
"What?"
"Take out the water bottle and uncap it."
"Okay."
"Move him so he is sitting against you in an upright position. Then, Open Troye's mouth and pour in a little water while rubbing his throat."
"Um, okay. What if he chokes?"
"He won't!"
"You'll have to put the phone down."
"I'll put it on my shoulder."
I did as she instructed and then asked, "what now?"
"He has to finish the bottle."
I sighed and when he finally did, I spoke again.
"Now?"
"I'm driving to find you now."
Suddenly, bright lights appeared.
"I think I see you," I said.
I hung up and lifted Troye. Mom came out of the car.
"Get in," she said. We laid Troye in the back and I sat shotgun. What an end to the night. When we got home, I put Troye on the bed. Checking the time, I saw it was nearly 3 A.M.
Troye opened his eyes and I heard a small "I'm sorry."
"Don't be," I replied rushing over to him.
I held him in my arms until he fell asleep. In 28 hours, we would leave for Australia.
___________________________
*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
In case you didn't read it above, this is my second time writing this. A lot changed from the original. I hate Wattapad right now... -_- anyways, here's the chapter. Hope you liked it!
Please comment and vote!
___________________________