Chapter 50 - Perth

Tyler's POV

I sat up, rubbing my head. I took in my surroundings. Troye was next to me, his chest rising and falling just slightly. As I thought back to my dream, I felt the fear fill me. I glanced at Troye again.
"I'll be back," I whispered. Troye couldn't hear me, obviously, but it made me feel better.
I slipped out of bed. I winced as the cot creaked loudly, but continued out the door. I walked to the cafe, staring at the menu board.
"You alright, sir?" a voice made me jump slightly.
"Uh, yeah. I should go," I nodded, now seeing the young man behind the counter.
"It's okay," he said. "Here, do you want some coffee?"
"That'd be great."
He quickly poured some into two mugs and we sat across from each other. "So," he prompted. He sipped his coffee quietly, waiting.
"What?"
"What brings you to the hospital?"
"Um, a friend of mine. He nearly died."
"Oh, really? He's alright, now?"
"Yes, thank God."
We both took a drink in awkward silence. "So, this friend. Are he and you, ya know..."
"Uh, we're dating, yeah."
"For how long?"
I thought back. Troye and I had gotten together around Vidcon. And, Vidcon was quickly approaching again. Nearly an entire year. And entire year with Troye. A crazy year, filled with Jenna and bars and friends, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
"Hello?"
"Sorry," I snapped out of my zone.
"Looks like the coffee isn't really working," the boy laughed.
"Yeah," I murmured. "So, I don't think I caught your name?"
"It's Daniel."
"Cool, I'm Tyler," I answered. Daniel continued to talk as we both finished our coffee.

Troye's POV

I blinked my eyes slightly open, wincing at the bright light.
"Are you in pain?" Tyler immediately was next to me.
"No, it's just bright."
"That's the problem with hospitals; they're always so blinding," Tyler smiled. "We can go back to the house today," he said.
"Really? Then, what are we waiting for?"
"The doctor's final check up."
I nodded. Tyler smiled as he traced the lines on my hand. "I was thinking about something this morning."
"What?"
"It's almost been a year since we've started dating."
I sat in silence. Maybe it had been less than a year, but I couldn't imagine life without Tyler. "It's been one insane year, hasn't it?"
"Yeah," Tyler agreed.
We both thought, a comfortable silence settling, until the doctor entered the room.
After a brief look-over, I was told I was able to leave. I quickly get dressed, and Tyler and I hopped into a cab.
Once in the car, I stared at my hands lost in thought.
"Everything okay?" Tyler asked, concern obvious in his voice.
"Yeah," I answered. "It's just-" I paused.
"What?"
Tears threatened to fill my eyes as I said, "I think, after all this, I really want to go back home."
"We are," Tyler said.
"No," I said quietly. "Back to Perth."
_________________________
*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
Yes, this is short. Yes, I'm sorry. It's not that I don't have ideas, or time, to write. I just really don't want to. I'm not happy with my other story, but I love the beginning of it. I'm not happy with the beginning of this story, but I think it's turning out well. The struggle is real. I'm also thinking of trying out YouTubing, as it's always been a dream of mine. Help?
Thanks to littlemissgranger for inspiring me to update. <3
COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW! <3 ily
__________________________

My Tumblr: @ily-troyler
My Twitter: @melaynee_lenez